1/32 - North American F-100C & F Super Sabre by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

Trumpeter is to release two new 1/32nd variants from the North American F-100 Super Sabre.

- ref. 02246 - North American F-100F Super Sabre

- ref. 03221 - North American F-100C Super Sabre

Source: http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2020/Bilder_AT/index.html

Box art on display at the Nurnberg Toy Fair 2020.

Trumpeter-16.jpg

Trumpeter-17.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Connecticut ANG here we come! Just need a Master Details Deuce A/B mod, plus nose and drop tank inserts and, of course, the right decals. 

Interesting that the specs indicate an etch sheet for seat harnesses, vinyl tyres, plastic-only landing legs, and 7 sprues fewer than the F-100D kit. Guessing they've ditched the unnecessary engine and trolley (or it's a typo, ditto with around 240 fewer parts). 

Great news after a very long wait,

Tony 

Looking forward to a kit review. For me, the only truly noticeable error, externally, was the wrong shape of the engine air intake. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect that hasn't been corrected on either the F-100C or the F-100F. If it has, I have to wonder if it'll be corrected on the F-100D kit as well.

4 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Looking forward to a kit review. For me, the only truly noticeable error, externally, was the wrong shape of the engine air intake. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect that hasn't been corrected on either the F-100C or the F-100F. If it has, I have to wonder if it'll be corrected on the F-100D kit as well.

Zacto, AMS and Renaissance all make nasal corrective parts and the last two make plugs to lengthen the drop tanks.

I'm transferring the Master Details Deuce burner from my unbuilt D (which will be Armée de L'Air) to my intended CT ANG F.

Res Kit hopefully will make some nice wheels and Eduard will inevitably provide cockpit placards that look more realistic than the Trumpeter bubblegum machine versions. 

I just hope Trumpeter have retained the angled AAR probe and the SUU-21/A practice bomb pods. The stores options appear to be an 87 jammer, rocket pods and Sidewinder Bs. 

Tony 

Edited by tony.t
correcting error
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tony.t said:

Zacto, AMS and Renaissance all make nasal corrective parts and the last two make plugs to lengthen the drop tanks.

I'm transferring the Master Details Deuce burner from my unbuilt D (which will be Armée de L'Air) to my intended CT ANG F.

Res Kit hopefully will make some nice wheels and Eduard will inevitably provide cockpit placards that look more realistic than the Trumpeter bubblegum machine versions. 

I just hope Trumpeter have retained the angled AAR probe and the SUU-21/A practice bomb pods. The stores options appear to be an 87 jammer, rocket pods and Sidewinder Bs. 

Tony 

AMS REsin also does wheels for the F-100

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 2:58 AM, AMS Resin said:

AMS REsin also does wheels for the F-100

AMS do the only correct diameter wheels - others are too large and people shorten the gear  legs to get the sit right- nothing wrong with the kit legs!!

• Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - North American F-100C & F Super Sabre (new variants) by Trumpeter - F-100F released - F-100C release January 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - North American F-100C & F Super Sabre (new variants) by Trumpeter - released
  • 5 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - North American F-100C & F Super Sabre by Trumpeter - released