Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIII, Palel, India, 1944

HI Everyone, thought you wouldn`t mind seeing a few pic`s of my latest completion

cfny8y5.jpg

My attempt at a Far East Theatre Mk VIII Spitfire from Eduards 1/48 Weekend Edition kit

t6pHs0B.jpg

Finished to represent an aircraft of 615 Squadron, flown by Flying Officer Hank Costain and based at Palel, India around 1944

pLr0aTC.jpg

Built as usual almost completely from the box contents....

Yp18SFK.jpg

...didn`t even have to make seat belts as I managed ( i think ) to get a good result from the kit decal ones

Decals were from Xtradecal set X48-129

0QVdzoY.jpg

I was attracted to this scheme because of it`s unusually coloured code letters....

LwaY4CP.jpg

and simple nose art.

DLg3gjF.jpg

Hope you enjoy the photo`s, thanks for looking

4DSrKod.jpg

Cheers Russ

• Like 73

Another beauty Russ and wearing the finish of one of my favourite Spitfires with its Aussie `Snifter' nose art. Strange how those blue codes appear a different colour from different angles too.

I intend to build the 1/32nd Tamiya kit in these colours,....... I`ve done 1/72nd and 1/48th too!!

Cheers

Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Astounding Russ!  😀 Very realistic indeed, love those painted-over upper wing roundels.   Stunning model sir!  :worthy:

I agree with all the above; a lovely model Russ. 👍 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tonyot said:

Another beauty Russ and wearing the finish of one of my favourite Spitfires with its Aussie `Snifter' nose art. Strange how those blue codes appear a different colour from different angles too.

I intend to build the 1/32nd Tamiya kit in these colours,....... I`ve done 1/72nd and 1/48th too!!

Cheers

Tony 

Cheers Tony, I struggled photographing it with the perpetual grey weather, the codes look different depending on just how grey it was when I snapped it I guess 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

That's a great Spitfire! The weathering looks spot-on, strictly cause>effect.

Really impressive work. But why aren't the elevators drooping? 😉

Kind regards,

Joachim

Cheers Joachim, I prefer the look of them up when I fly them round the room making Merlin engine noises and such 😉

• Haha 3