Bomb bay ordnance for Airfix 1:72 Bucc'?

KingTiger435

So I will be building the Bucc' by Airfix once I finish my Victor. Was slightly disappointed to find that while the Bucc' does come with an open bomb bay position it does not give any ordnance to go with it. Would this be the correct bomb to buy/use on the model?

I am also unsure about how I will attach the ordnance to said bomb bay.

could anyone supply good pictures of the bomb bay loaded with 1000lb freefall bombs.

44c4743e5206494bcd90ae6f905eb440.png

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, KingTiger435 said:

So I will be building the Bucc' by Airfix once I finish my Victor. Was slightly disappointed to find that while the Bucc' does come with an open bomb bay position it does not give any ordnance to go with it. Would this be the correct bomb to buy/use on the model?

I am also unsure about how I will attach the ordnance to said bomb bay.

could anyone supply good pictures of the bomb bay loaded with 1000lb freefall bombs.

44c4743e5206494bcd90ae6f905eb440.png

Thanks in advance.

Hi KT have you had a look through my Bucc' stuff here? The first page has a bit on weapon fit, it may help?

John

Edited by canberra kid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

Hi KT have you had a look through my Bucc' stuff here? The first page has a bit on weapon fit, it may help?

John

I hadn't seen it, thank you for sharing it though! I'll definitely look into it.

• Like 1

ResKit also make 1,000 lb bombs with the 117 tail, these would be used when dropping bombs at low level as they were the retard type.  The 114 tails were just for stabilisation and weapon arming, they had no other function and would be used if the bomb was to be dropped at medium to high altitude.  Ignore the statement of fitted with a 947 tail fuze, they were screwed into the back of the bomb and would not be visible unless the tail unit was removed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1