1/48 - Fiat G-91T Gina Tango resin conversion set by Love GT40 Modelworks - released

Homebee

Love GT40 Modelworks is to release a 1/48th Fiat G-91T resin conversion set.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino/posts/2530747050536796

83933988-2530746680536833-52519958103877

83503040-2530746693870165-48481755334495

72688849-2438894606388708-17066875380490

70762646-2402354933376009-70930328675082

This will complete my G-91 kits collection. For the record, the rarest being the ADV Models' G-91Y Yankee link 

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, chrisov said:

Looking good. Now we just need a nice new base model did I remember Kinetic or AMK were talking about one?

Otherwise just the ESCI/Italeri or Occidental ones?

Unfortunately no new base kit and no further info from Kinetic since they first mentioned the Gina.

• Like 1

Pity that the Gina is a neglected aircraft from the manufacturers' point of view. It would build into very nice Italian and German schemes, including Frecce Tricolori. A 1/32nd would be too much to dream of maybe, but I'd settle for a 1/48th. Is that too much to ask for??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coneheadff said:

Well, there was a 1/32 out not long ago...maybe it's still available.

Take a look... https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235025894-132nd-fiat-g-91/

I have one waiting at the cellar 😁😁

Hey, that's great, thank you coneheadff. I had no idea either this model of the Gina or such manufacturer existed. I'll check if they still produce and have one, thank you again... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coneheadff said:

Well, there was a 1/32 out not long ago...maybe it's still available.

Take a look... https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235025894-132nd-fiat-g-91/

I have one waiting at the cellar 😁😁

A statement by the manufacturer Dayglo Models at Facebook in 2/2019:

"I am extremely proud to share with all the fans of the FIAT G91, customers and not, my joy for an excellent result, I have exhausted all the kits produced.
Personally I will no longer produce the kit, too much work for one person.
Good modeling to everyone.
Luca"

The manufacturers should have more courage and make also rarely models, not always another Bf 109, Tiger I, Panther or Spitfire. Im waiting for Fiat G-91 or Alpha-Jet in 1/32 or in 1/48. They make a Folland Gnat but not those models. Dont understand it.

7 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Kinetic released a 1/48th one in 2013 and again in 2017. Inbetween, Wingman reboxed the kit with resin goodies.

Cheers,

Vedran

Yes your right, but the quality is not state of the art, a lot of fit issues.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

Yes your right, but the quality is not state of the art, a lot of fit issues.

Absolutely right and the resin parts where better copies of the kit parts. But what really makes one mad about those resin parts is that a company from Germany like AIRDOC /WINGMAN didn't use the chance to do adequate research and visit one of the many Alpha Jets on exhibition in Germany. This resin cockpit is not worth mentioning.

Edited by coneheadff

Yes i dont understand it too. Im sure Wingman knows about the bad fit of  their Alpha-Jet and thats why they took it out of catalogue. You can sometimes  buy it at ebay to horrible prices but im not ready to pay it.

Kinetic Alpha Jet fit is no better or worse than the average kit of today. There was this one guy on ARC that gave it a bad rap when released, but honestly he didn't even remove the sprue nubs (it was his first or second kit IIRC) and when called on that took umbrage.

Cheers,

Vedran

Edited by dragonlanceHR
Typo

I build Konetics not so famous Mirage single seater and their AMX recently. Not Tamiya, but apart from horrible instructions the kits and results are nice!

I'd expect similar for the Alphajet. Have some, but did not build it yet. The Heller one I did build, and that sure was a challenge!!

Looking foward to a T model Gina by the way!

(There also was a Y model once in resin..)

Edited by exdraken

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really curious about his molding process.  How was he able to make the resin fuselage as one piece when the cockpit and hollow engine exhaust area would have made it difficult to pull the resin fuselage out of the silicone molds?

Released and arrived in my P.O. box five days ago from the Milan area. Thanks Paolo. Parcel now subject to a quarantine in my cellar. Wish all the best to my Italian fellow modellers and above all take care of you and relatives especially the elderly. 

https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino/posts/2568366050108229

https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino/posts/2569908753287292

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

That is oeobably good for them I hope!

Any idea how big the production run was?

The first photo shows max 12 cockpit parts... how durabke is such a form or master?