Has anyone seen a full build review for the HobbyBoss 1/48 P-61C?

28ZComeback

I did the Hobbyboss P-61B a few years ago and it was pretty awful. The instructions were very poor – almost no interior colours shown, some parts not numbered and the no placement instructions for the interior decals; the seats were grossly under-scale; some short-shot parts; the fuselage require substantial amounts of filler on the seams and finally the clear parts were very poor quality. Personally I would advise you to avoid.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Hi gents, 

Has anyone seen a full-build review of the 1/48 HobbyBoss P-61C?  Is it the only game in town in its scale, for a “C”?? Any comments welcome. Thank you, 

Hi!

I recently built one and did it up as a "All Weather Flying Service" project Thunderstorm P-61C. Though it is basically accurate in outline it does suffer from some detail issues. !st the props are awful. I use asymmetrical paddle blade props from an Academy P-47N.  Wheels and tires are blobby in detail. I found the Hobby Boss kit an easier build than the Monogram P-61, but not as detailed. From the Monogram kit I used the engines, wheels, and  a lot of interior parts .

If you have a trashed Monogram kit you will have most of what you need, except the props.  I started a Monogram kit with the Lone Star resin conversion, but it was way too much effort for the result, and with Sprue Bros. having a sale on the Hobby Boss kit.......

Bruce

• Thanks 1

There's an in-box review of the HB P-61C here at Britmodeller:

Although not the build review you're seeking, it does mention the fact the the kit did not come with the dorsal turret, which might be significant (or might have been corrected in later boxings).

• Thanks 1