Nurnberg Toy Fair 2020

Paul821

Notice on the Glow2B website that the 1/48 Heller F-84F to be released during the summer with their reference 100080419 and refers to the original item number being 80419 which was assigned to the final release by Heller of their F-84F in the late 1990s although for that the box-art shown on Scalemates was wrongly titled RF-84F Thunderstreak.

Was the first kit of the F-84F in 1/48 when first released back in 1979 not bad overall although fuselage halves a little bit out in places and detail rather weaker than the Monogram/Revell kit for example and had -  raised panel detail , single piece canopy , shallow main undercarriage bays , four wing pylons but only stores are  drop tanks only provided for the inner  ones.     Later formed the basis for the Fonderie Miniature kit with an added pair of replacement fuselage halves plus resin/etch/white metal.

But depending on price not a bad way to cover the many operator and unit options available to the Thunderstreak.

Link to Heller instructions - https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/6/4/7/1236647-57-instructions.pdf

Edited by Des

4 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Rebox of the existing Safir. 

Which is one of the very few "classic" Heller kits that I don't have, even though I remember it being released back in 1981. With all those marking options included, I'll gladly buy several of these.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Homebee said:

Do you know the yellow jackets? Now there's the yellow boxes.
https://heller-forever.forumactif.com/t12336-nuremberg-2020-stand-heller-glow2b

img-0016.jpg

The Glow2B (German wholesaler/distributor) catalog with the future - not new! - Heller Hobby GmbH products:
https://www.glow2b.de/list.php?type=mm&c1=970179&order=sku&show=200&page=1
https://www.glow2b.de/list.php?type=mm&c1=970179&order=sku&show=200&page=2

Heller.png

V.P.

Didn't Glow2B take over the whole Heller brand after Heller's latest bankruptcy? i.e. they're not just the distributor any more.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

Didn't Glow2B take over the whole Heller brand after Heller's latest bankruptcy? i.e. they're not just the distributor any more.

You are correct. They purchased the brand name rights and the moulds. 

9 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

Hmm, that F/A-18 boxart has rounded intakes - indicating the old A/C kit re-boxed.....

I suspected as much. Is the F-14 not also the ancient 1972 kit ? With the association with Academy, I'd have hoped for their recent F-14 instead

Allan

• Like 1

Just seen this thread and I'm very pleased to see the resurgance of Heller under their new ownership - plenty of great subjects, many of which would be eligible for the Classic Heller GB later this year.

Amongst the proposed new Heller releases is a 1/72nd Siebel 204 / SNCAC NC 701-702 "Martinet which is right up my street!  Finger's crossed it's a new mould and not the old KP kit warmed up.

1 hour ago, Wez said:

- plenty of great subjects, many of which would be eligible for the Classic Heller GB later this year.

I know! Great isn't it? I've already got a healthy stash of Heller kits, but there are so many more thankfully available again so trawling eBay isn't so necessary. I hope we see the Arado 96 and PZL P.11 again, and the Siebel sounds interesting too. Spoilt for choice for the group build!

Steve

8 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

I suspected as much. Is the F-14 not also the ancient 1972 kit ? With the association with Academy, I'd have hoped for their recent F-14 instead

Allan

Me too, likewise their F/A-18E. Perhaps I’ll be buying both Airfix and Academy, swapping the decals and trying to flog the Airfix.

Lots of discussion on all things Airfix Top Gun over at the Airfix 2020 thread.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Richard Humm said:

Those tools are currently owned by Modelex in Argentina, so probably won't be seen again from Heller.

Thanks Richard. I didn't know that. I do have a couple of the Arados, but looks like I'm off to eBay for a P.11!

Steve