New Tamiya GT kit.....

KonaDawg

I wish they would get back to the good old days when they really used to churn the kits out at a mega rate. This one kit in a blue moon is useless. They used to be the best model kit company, sadly these days I look elsewhere for my build, such a shame...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 6:54 PM, Steve Noble said:

I wish they would get back to the good old days when they really used to churn the kits out at a mega rate. This one kit in a blue moon is useless. They used to be the best model kit company, sadly these days I look elsewhere for my build, such a shame...

I guess its down to costs. They probably pay a significant license fee to the manufacturer and what with the cost of tooling, packing etc its probably a fine line if they make money or break even.  I agree, its sad to see the best model company trickling kits onto the market in place of a steady roll out.  We do have aoshima and now nunu/platz but they seem to be producing lower quality mouldings.  GT3 and F1 are my main interests so its good from that perspective that at least there is a manufacturer prepared to invest.  Its odd about Tamiya though.  They seem confident enough to release new paints, tools, airbrushes etc but models, not so much.  Still, we do have a lot of great kits to build overall :)

7 hours ago, KonaDawg said:

We do have Aoshima and now Nunu/Platz but they seem to be producing lower quality mouldings. It's odd about Tamiya though. They seem confident enough to release new paints, tools, airbrushes etc, but models, not so much.  Still, we do have a lot of great kits to build overall :)

Agree. If other companies are willing to invest in new mould kits, why not Tamiya? Can't understand it myself. Still, some great kits from Beemax and Belkits will keep me going for years. Some fantastic Group 'B' rally cars already released and many more to come. The future sees many new kits, even if they're not from Tamiya...

• Like 2