Looking for photos of built Airfix or Roden VC10 kits

Archer_VC10

Hello all,

This might be a bit of a strange request, but I'm looking for good quality photos of built Airfix or Roden VC10 kits. I'm asking on behalf of a publisher who needs this for an upcoming publication, so we need images that are as clean as possible (empty background preferred) and of sufficient quality (over 1Mb per image for starters). There is a slight preference for the civil versions (the earlier BOAC or BA Airfix kits, the EAA Roden kit), but we won't turn down photos of a military variant either.

If you can help, please get in touch with me through the message system on this forum, or contact me through the e-mail address on my website: www.VC10.net.

Thanks for helping out!

(This topic was created after obtaining clearance from the moderator).

• Like 2

Hi there. I have some photos of various VC10 models that I would be happy to send but I struggled to find the right e-mail address from your website, so if you can give me the e-mail address I will forward the pictures.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It's not on the shelf yet, I've been told that the books are on their way though and due in the shops at the end of September. The end result is a bookazine style publication on the Vickers VC10 by Lance Cole (who published two other titles on this subject, along with several books about classic cars, the Spitfire etc.) with lots of illustrations and which includes a lot about VC10 models. I haven't seen the end result yet, so can't comment further, but it might be worth making use of the introductory offer here: https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Flight-Craft-20-Vickers-VC10-Super-VC10-Paperback/p/17687

• Thanks 1