1/48 - Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird by Revell - released - upgrade sets by Hypersonic Models & ResKit - LASRE conv. set by BAM Models

Homebee

On display in the Revell stand at the Nurnberg Toy Fair 2020.

Revell is to release a new tool 1/48th Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird kit in 2021 (or later as Revell is not famous for the respect of such deadlines).

Source: http://www.greenmats.club/forums/topic/6758-revell-1-sr-71-засветился-в-нюрнберге/

SR.jpg

83071270-2805402092855796-32162133525397

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2805402012855804&set=pb.100001580974587.-2207520000..&type=3&theater

83914441-2805402016189137-81327938938098

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 15

32 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Guess or certainty? Source ?

V.P.

1.Horse´s mouth

2.Inofficially announced during the Revell Press Conference ´19 (-past Telford- )((which I never attend))

3.The rumor had been world wide around, latest since Tokyo Hobby Show ´19

From my knowledge Jeffrey´s and Revell´s project do roughly have the same status. I think they will not interfere too much on the market.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, gavingav said:

Hypersonic models have been promising a new tools sr-71 since 2015 and they recently released a starter cart for the aircraft, i wonder if revell have taken over that project but anyways it's good news .

No.

GasPatch & Hypersonic Models have "a joint-venture" concerning that project.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234990411-148-lockheed-sr-71a-blackbird-by-hypersonic-gaspatch-models-3d-renders-in-progress-resin-starter-cart-by-aim-released

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

I don't think we can say conclusively what scale it's going to be unless someone's got more information than us at this stage.  My money would be on 1:48, but that's just wishful thinking.  Whether there's more perceived need and profit in a 1:48 one I have no idea, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  It would be good if we could avoid this thread from devolving into a scale war, as there's no correct scale, it's just our preference. :yes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Violet Club said:

I hope in 1/72 (we are still waiting for a state of the art kit of this iconic airplane.  The entire Blackbird family with other birds (A-12, YF-12) would be a great idea !,

--> this.

Cheers,

Andre

2 hours ago, Violet Club said:

I hope in 1/72 (we are still waiting for a state of the art kit of this iconic airplane.  The entire Blackbird family with other birds (A-12, YF-12) would be a great idea !,

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...………………………….!!!!!

There are enough 72 scale already and only one in 48. Time for the 48'ers to have their cake for a change!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

There are enough 72 scale already 

But none are all that accurate, and all are some 40 year old molds.

There's room for new tools in both scales. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping 1/72 because I'd buy that, a modern tooling of the SR-71 in the best scale (no offence to any 1/48 modellers out there but 1/72 is the one true scale!). 1/48 would take up too much shelf space to justify

• Like 2

I would say 1/48th, given that the display card/box is placed between all the other 1/48th stuff, and is of the same size roughly as the other 48th stuff... 1/72nd appears to be to the right side of the stand.. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

I'm hoping 1/72 because I'd buy that, a modern tooling of the SR-71 in the best scale (no offence to any 1/48 modellers out there but 1/72 is the one true scale!). 1/48 would take up too much shelf space to justify

Have to agree with that,especially if one intends to buy more than one! 1/48 too large and probably too expensive!

Allan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarrenH said:

Cant wait to see both these SR-71’s...

Hoping Revell will not screw the pooch like they did with the big Hornet..

That’s harsh! There aren’t any major problems with the big F/A-18E. I’d take it over the Trumpeter version.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1