1/48 - Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird by Revell - released - upgrade sets by Hypersonic Models & ResKit - LASRE conv. set by BAM Models

Homebee

I just got notification from Jumblies too. Placed my order and had a near heart attack, the S/H was almost as much as the kit. But on the flip side checking around, it was STILL cheaper ordering from the U.K that ordering from a company here. 80$USfrom the U.K. compared to 135$US  Domestic before shipping here in the States. With luck because of the season and the US postal Service, I should get it around Christmas.

• Like 1

A real bargain here on a Dutch website; https://www.bol.com/nl/nl/p/1-48-revell-04967-lockheed-sr-71-a-blackbird-plane-plastic-kit/9300000070738297/?bltgh=loW8-F042-2qvpPVq2NCIQ.2_9.10.ProductImage

Ordered one for under the Christmas tree, will arrive tomorrow or thursday!

Free shipping in NL too!

Erik

• Like 1

As far as I can see, most of us are looking forward to starting this new model as soon as possible. How about to launch a group build under a common topic? If you agree I can start a new topic namely:

Legendary Blackbird - Part 4: "Return of the Habu" - Lockheed  SR-71 Blackbird in 1:48 by Revell (Group Build)

Serkan

2 minutes ago, Serkan Sen said:

As far as I can see, most of us are looking forward to starting this new model as soon as possible. How about to launch a group build under a common topic? If you agree I can start a new topic namely:

Legendary Blackbird - Part 4: "Return of the Habu" - Lockheed  SR-71 Blackbird in 1:48 by Revell (Group Build)

Serkan

How about making it a general non-new RoG kit-specific group build? That way us non-48'ers can join the fun as well!

Cheers,

Andre

4 minutes ago, Hook said:

How about making it a general non-new RoG kit-specific group build? That way us non-48'ers can join the fun as well!

Cheers,

Andre

What about to launch another topic to cover all Oxcart/Blackbird builds something like:

Legendary Blackbird - Part 5: "Habu Collection" - Lockheed Oxcart/Blackbird in all scales (Group Build)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 71chally said:

Is that in Euro or Guilder, if the latter it would equate to £29.00!

That's funny, the Guider went out around the time of the shilling.

Marc (from NL who just ordered from Bol and feels a bit guilty cancelling his order at his LHS which was 25 EUROS dearer).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny_K said:

I tried to order this kit from Jadlam. They won't ship to my address. Their reason is: "We have currently Suspended Shipping to EU countries." However, I live in the US????? They seem confused.

Confused is an understatement 😬

I had the pleasure of spending Guilders when I first visited the Netherlands. Still have some coins somewhere.

I get the feeling there’s phenomenal interest in this kit and I expect black paint is going to be in short supply for a while. I wonder how many will actually get built though when a 70cm long model sinks in. Can’t imagine many ‘better halves’ allowing one on the mantle piece.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Johnny_K said:

I would like to contact them to clear up the confusion. However; there is no way of contacting them. Nice way to run a business. 

Could you try their Facebook page?

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

We got our review sample, and I’ve been drooling over it. Even with a cracking  headache, it’s a grand-looking model :tasty:

Thanks for the encouraging words, Mike. Hope you're starting to feel better.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Mike said:

We got our review sample, and I’ve been drooling over it. Even with a cracking  headache, it’s a grand-looking model :tasty:

This does nothing, absolutely nothing to quell the anticipation… come on DPD, hurry up… 😁

‘T’was the night before SR-71’mas, and all through the house, an impatient March strolled, terrifying the mouse, armed with cutters, TET and fresh sanders, in hopes that he’d revel in the, erm, Revell…’

Edited by March
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mike said:

Stop drooling Mike. You'll ruin the decals for goodness sake!

• Haha 2