1/48 - Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird by Revell - released - upgrade sets by Hypersonic Models & ResKit - LASRE conv. set by BAM Models

Homebee

On 10/20/2021 at 9:30 AM, Alan P said:

Look out for my build log, I've cleared a space in November and December to build this. But if it does turn out like the Super Hornet, I'll still have fun building it and it'll be a nice display model regardless.

Your very positive attitude is most refreshing!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alan P said:

It's the only way (once you've spent the money!) 😂

Have mine pre-ordered from Jumblies. Like you, might have to clear some time in the build schedule for it. The F/A-18 GB isn't long after the F-14 one...and I've yet to start my kit for that!

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird by Revell - 3D renders+box art+sprues+test build - release November 2021
34 minutes ago, petarvu said:

90eur.....phewww

Revell has GWH trip, but it is far from that quality. 

P

In Revell's defence, styrene price has gone up quite a lot, not forgetting the sea shipping price since that Covid thing started, and it is a big kit.

So far I think EUR 90 is not that exaggerated for a kit this big and reasonably complex.

I am not sure about you but I would still prefer putting my money in much more complex and expensive Tamiya or GWH stuff, or the Hypersonic/GasPatch SR-71 where I feel the price will be worth it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MrB17 said:

My grandsons LEGO sets cost more than that, phewww

Huff, pant, gasp, wheeze, phewww. 

Is it here yet?  Whot!?  Way fewer parts than a bag of rice and costs much more!? And you can't eat it?!  

Wonder how long the bobbyhoss U-2R takes to arrive to join us: it's been on a holding circuit over the China Sea for six years.

Better get the space helmet back on.

Tony 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, petarvu said:

I wish it is only about parts count....😄

Sorry if I've misunderstood...have you built one already, or had access to a test shot? I've only seen the built example used by Revell for display and publicity....If you know something more about the kit pre-release, is that why you think the quality is so poor? What are the problem areas that make it bad value at €90 even though it's a very large, new tool kit with high quality decals?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Alan P said:

Sorry if I've misunderstood...have you built one already, or had access to a test shot? I've only seen the built example used by Revell for display and publicity....If you know something more about the kit pre-release, is that why you think the quality is so poor? What are the problem areas that make it bad value at €90 even though it's a very large, new tool kit with high quality decals?

Cool down , it is out soon so you can get it right away,mate😆

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, petarvu said:

Cool down , it is out soon so you can get it right away,mate😆

Ok, I get it. Another one of those 'If it's not Tamiya quality, it should be given away for free' people 😉👍

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, petarvu said:

Awesome!You better get going on that legos....😆

He’s already done a few sets over 1,000 pieces and he is only 7!

He now wants to start modelling, so he built his first snap kit, the Meng cartoon B-17. I am thrilled 😁 

• Like 3

On 11/27/2021 at 9:26 AM, Alan P said:

You're reading too much into this mate.

He just said it is not all about price or parts count.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Anything else is what YOU read into it.

32 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

He just said it is not all about price or parts count.

No, he really didn't say that. Look again. The 'phewww' line was specifically about price.

• Like 1

I think we all have different requirements when it comes to buying kits. Subject, manufacturer, scale, amount of work required to get a decent finish, etc. I for one am looking forward to this kit. £90 is a seriously good price as far as I am concerned, and the size of the finished model with a decent paint job (fingers crossed) will be most impressive.

Just my opinion. 

Tom

Just bought the new 1/32 Revell Pony and am looking forward immensely to Revell's new 1/48 SR-71 Blackbird. Instructions still not yet up on the Revell.de site, but maybe any week now.

As a general observation, no, kits are not not cheap, but the prices of new tool items are nonetheless quite reasonable. If you're not flush enough to buy this beauty I believe Revell are shortly releasing a 1/100 scale snaptite SR-71A which might better suit your pocket

Tony 

• Like 3