Another Shelf Queen Finished. Sherman lll.

Looks great John, Shermans are certainly addictive.

I've got 3 on go at moment, the Frankensherman M4 105mm is just nearing the primer stage I'll have to update the my build thread to show latest progress, there's also a very old original issue Dragon Sherman Vc in NZ Italian markings that needs tracks and some serious weathering, and an Italeri M4A1 that will become a Queens Bays Sherman IIb in the same markings as the one you built a while back, and I suddenly find that there are at least 6 or 7 more in the stash.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AntPhillips said:

Looks great John, Shermans are certainly addictive.

I've got 3 on go at moment, the Frankensherman M4 105mm is just nearing the primer stage I'll have to update the my build thread to show latest progress, there's also a very old original issue Dragon Sherman Vc in NZ Italian markings that needs tracks and some serious weathering, and an Italeri M4A1 that will become a Queens Bays Sherman IIb in the same markings as the one you built a while back, and I suddenly find that there are at least 6 or 7 more in the stash.

'Morning Ant, and thanks for the comment. Yes, Shermans are definitely addictive. I'm really getting into my M51 at the moment, and like you, I have an M4 105 sitting in the cupboard which will probably end up as a British/Commonwealth 1B or maybe Polish. Also, while I was doing some research on the IDF Shermans, I came across another interesting M51, only this one was using the M4A3 as a basis. So now I'm on the lookout for a decent A3 76mm.

John.

11 hours ago, Ian said:

Missed this until now...

Superb build and presentation, the figures are a great touch and really set-it-off nicely. Kudos to you matey.

Ian.

Your comments are appreciated Ian. Many thanks. I'm just glad that I finally got on and finished it.

John.

Been looking at this model again and a question has come to mind;

When the Sicilian based British Shermans had the rear sand shields fitted to the hull top as stowage baskets, did the crews then dispense of some of the pioneer tools?

Just wondering.