Another Shelf Queen Finished. Sherman lll.

I started this build several years ago, and it has been languishing on the shelf of doom, glaring at me ever since. So Having already completed another SQ (Centaur), I thought, why not get on and finish this one too. There is no real WIP ,just a page of updates, as I built this long before I joined BM. I'll get around to making a base someday, but for now I've added a couple of figures which are old Tamiya ones from the Cromwell, suitably modified and given Hornet heads and wiring for their radios.

Anyway, I hope that you like it. I'm reasonably satisfied with it.

The basic history of this build can be found here;

daeed069-b8de-4a4f-8e42-27fc58c3b53b.JPG

73972705-978a-4a41-8087-c8b89301abcb.JPG

523f4d46-99b6-469a-a701-3de2b160b8c8.JPG

8faac0c2-907b-4c99-95ac-488381338056.JPG

035ab24c-3333-4a7f-b4b8-2edd36d1f06c.JPG

bc387cb3-081f-4fe5-bc32-00c567758e09.JPG

a0da4aca-3ef0-41b1-8d57-4c11a0ac5476.JPG

7a00228b-775d-4374-b433-bdc683f9c1de.JPG

3ff8348d-42c4-4675-a916-9eb2b4a7b011.JPG

13477bc0-c0c2-41ad-87d6-4404f8f783fc.JPG

01e23890-14c1-4d8f-9372-753c550aecfd.JPG

6796bd8c-463e-4977-b448-f3051aa9dcc7.JPG

Thanks for looking.

John.

• Like 30

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up John.

Nice job! Your clearing the shelf queens at a fair old rate! 

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve. I've got another 99% finished one to clear, and then I want to get on with something new.

John.

33 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Excellent work John - beautifully painted!

Thanks Mark. Much appreciated.

John.

• Like 1

looking really good. Also in the details like the ammo belt. (How did you do that one btw?)

That aiming circle (how it's called in proper English?) on the roof is a killer (I know, aerial mark for friendly aircraft, aiming circle for the enemy...)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gordon J said:

Stunning model and stowage all topped off with some fantastically painted figures.

Love it!

Many thanks Gordon. The comments are much appreciated.

John.

50 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

looking really good. Also in the details like the ammo belt. (How did you do that one btw?)

That aiming circle (how it's called in proper English?) on the roof is a killer (I know, aerial mark for friendly aircraft, aiming circle for the enemy...)

Thanks a lot Silenoz. The circle on the roof is an RAF roundel. With regards to the ammo belt. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure, as this was made quite a few years ago. I think that the shells and the belt may have been part of the same etched brass set as the ammo box. The .50 Cal. MG is from RB Models. IMO, the best on the market.

John.

Hi John. Well that's another very impressive Sherman you have completed. Lovely paintwork and finish plus the storage and figures really bring it to life. Wonderful job all round! Very well done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi John. Well that's another very impressive Sherman you have completed. Lovely paintwork and finish plus the storage and figures really bring it to life. Wonderful job all round! Very well done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks Stix for your kind remarks. They're much appreciated.

John.

3 minutes ago, phildagreek said:

Ooh that’s alright that is!

Many thanks Phil.

John.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

Brilliant. The detail especially on those crew figures is amazing. Great job 👍👍

6 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Super job John, it does seemto be the season to of clearing the shelf! 

The figures really set it off

Rob

Thanks, both of you. Yes it's definitely open season on shelf queens. I'll have another along soon.....and guess what? It's a Sherman!

John.

Hi John, another fine job, as has been mentioned several times before in this thread. As others have pointed out the figures are great and along with all the extra stowage they really bring it to life.

Unusual track type too, WE210s? This Sherman thing is rubbing off....

All the best

Darryl 

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi John, another fine job, as has been mentioned several times before in this thread. As others have pointed out the figures are great and along with all the extra stowage they really bring it to life.

Unusual track type too, WE210s? This Sherman thing is rubbing off....

All the best

Darryl 

'Morning Darryl, and thanks for the comments. The figures are just basic Tamiya ones modified (ie, the driver has had his arms and legs surgically removed), but what brings them to life is the excellent Hornet heads. IMO, there is no equal.

John.

3 hours ago, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

That is a nice model. I think I want a Sherman now. 

Many thanks. If you are serious about building a Sherman, then go for one of the Tasca/Asuka issues. They really are the RR of Shermans.

John.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Many thanks. If you are serious about building a Sherman, then go for one of the Tasca/Asuka issues. They really are the RR of Shermans.

John.

I don't know if my mediocre skill level would justify it!!! I'm still on tamiya,  revell and zvezda!! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sanfrandragon said:

Very nice!  The finish on the commander's face is something I aspire to, and the .50 cal looks brilliant too.

Thanks SFD. It does help when the quality of the parts that your using are second to none. Hornet heads (and hands for that matter) are the best. There's real expression on the faces. And RB Models IMO, make the best MG's in this and 1/48th scale. The perforated glove around the barrel is already there, You don't have to fold it from etched brass.

John.