Not perfect, but...

nspacer.pngspacer.png.spacer.png

Not perfect, but my first attempt at airbrushing and building this scale. I've learnt a lot, but with lots more to learn.

Edited by Faraway
insert text
  • Like 52

3 minutes ago, Gorby said:

It looks pretty good to me.

Thanks. A few flaws in the painting, it had a bloom on the last coat of Matt varnish. Not sure what the cause was, but I’ve managed to (sort of) get rid of it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harold55 said:

I have to agree that it looks pretty good.  Wonderful job on the cockpit and see no flaws in your first attempt at the airbrush!  Very nice indeed.

That’s very kind of you. I was a bit disappointed with the cockpit, I spent hours painting and assembling it, dirtied it up with some weathering stuff. The instrument panel was really detailed. Then put it in the fuselage and put the canopy on and all the detail disappeared. Seems that a lot of our work on detail, disappears on assembly. But I guess it’s nice to know it’s there, and it is rewarding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, djos said:

Not perfect....but great

Only....some more details about model will be good  :)

Best regards Djordje

Tamiya 1/48 P38 Lightning. The seat belts and tyres (which showed a flat spot, as per real tyres) were from Eduard. The parts for the plane went together really well, so much so, when I dry fitted the wings upper and lower surfaces I struggled to get them apart again. Nice touch was the inclusion in the kit of three steel balls, to act as weights for the nose. Great kit, well worth getting.

Edited by Faraway
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Faraway said:

Not perfect, but my first attempt at airbrushing and building this scale. I've learnt a lot, but with lots more to learn.

Looks great for your first attempt. I only bought an airbrush last year and boy does it make things easier. There's no going back now and practice practice practice! 👍

• Thanks 1