1/72 - Fairey Albacore Mk.I by Special Hobby - test parts+fuselage sprue - release in 2024 ?

Homebee

55 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

It's got to be better than this P.O.S.!

That's a bit harsh Chris, then again, I had a Formaplane one to compare mine to. I'll probably buy a SH one & keep mine for nostalgia sake. :)

Steve.

• Like 4

I hope they are the first to stop with the nonsense of an asymmetrical cowl which was actually perfectly round but with a rectangular  indention for the carburetor intake seen from the front instead of being flatted out on the top.

I dunno who so far introduced that error but everyone who made a model of this AC willingly included that assumption.

• Like 1

Fantastic. A 'must have' for me.  My Magna one has been stalled for some time now since its canopy made me lose the will to live.  The only question for me is North Africa shore based or Operation Pedestal.  Or, maybe, both.

• Like 3

I know Chris Gannon put a lot of effort into his Pegasus kits and one almost always managed a good model at the end . I still have the Pegasus Harrier T2 conversion kit which I think was his first offering on his own . I think he was the only producer to make the EAP, which to my regret gave to a friend to finish for me , never to be seen again! 

Keith.

PS. That's more than I intended.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2020 at 00:16, dogsbody said:

It's got to be better than this P.O.S.!

Chris

You have obviously not attempted to build a Merlin kit?

Pegasus kits were well considered 25 years ago and were at the forefront of limited run injection kits back then and good at bringing unkitted types to market. The World has just marched on.

Tommo.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

"- Dobrý den
Zajímalo by mě,zdali ještě žije new tool Albacore 1/72
Děkuji Petr

- Nebojte se, žije. Bude to jedna z novinek 2021. Část forem je již hotova.

- nový Albacore jsme začali dělat před Bf 109E, takže v té kvalitě nebude. Ale bude dost dobrý, nebojte."

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?p=2377883#p2377883

Edited by Nick Nichols
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Fairey Albacore (new tool) by Special Hobby - test parts - release in 2021

Good to see this coming out.  I have one built and one in stash of the old MPM which now  fetches silly money on EBay.  I quite enjoyed  building, but this will clearly been a big improvement.

A somewhat forgotten but attractive aircraft. I cannot believe that Yeovilton, who get so much right, have the only one.on the world currently  in their reserve collection. To me this and the Fulmar and hopefully one day the Barracuda have to always been on display as they are or will be in the case of the Barracuda utterly unique. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Johnedwardholt said:

Good to see this coming out.  I have one built and one in stash of the old MPM which now  fetches silly money on EBay.  I quite enjoyed  building, but this will clearly been a big improvement.

A somewhat forgotten but attractive aircraft. I cannot believe that Yeovilton, who get so much right, have the only one.on the world currently  in their reserve collection. To me this and the Fulmar and hopefully one day the Barracuda have to always been on display as they are or will be in the case of the Barracuda utterly unique. 

I believe the Albacore was built from the remains of four different aircraft one of which was at the top of a mountain in Corsica?  A fantastic achievement.

But beware of the Fulmar, it has Firefly wheels, and most model renderings miss this.