The 4th in a series of Brave Borderer paint colour questions

JohnWS

I'm at the stage in my HMS Brave Borderer build to paint the bulkheads & equipment on the open bridge.  Unfortunately, I've only be able to find B&W photos for this part of the boat.  The bridge bulkheads & equipment in these photos look white or a very light grey.  Most of WWII Coastal Forces boats I've researched have had white (open) bridge bulkheads as part of their camo scheme, to minimize shadows.  But, I've been unable to determine if this scheme had changed for RN boats in the 1950's or '60's.  

Any advice on what bridge colour(s) to use will be appreciated.

John

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Courageous said:

I think you're on your own John, you are the pathfinder I'm afraid...for me anyway.

Stuart

Thanks for the reply Stuart.

I'm leaning towards white or light grey for the bulkheads.

John

6 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

If it helps, the interior of RN warships from the early '60s (Rothesays/Leanders) on was Ash grey, a very light slightly off white colour

As it turns out, I decided to go with off-white & just finished applying a coat.  Your advice just reinforced my decision. :thanks:

• Like 1

You're right about a lot of the kit, especially electronic kit being that pale blue, but the interior bulkheads and deckheads were ash white (certainly up to the T23s, I don;t know about 45s and QEC)

• Like 1