ESCI/ITALERI F-104 cockpit in 1/12

ok friends

here my second recently project, a F-104 cockpit in 1/12 made by ESCI/ITALERI in late 70th i think.The age is everywhere to see, not really crisp details, soft plastic partically bad moulded. Long time it was already in my stash, i get it from ebay for small money.

The seat cover as  the belts are all red coloured made as self adhesive fabric, i really dont like this material. To be a bit more realistic i paint it in other colours.

All in all the fit was not bad for a kit from the 70th and i addition some scratch work, i covering the pedals and build a wall behind the seat with some details. Also i addition two lamps include the wires.

Many bottons and knobs are seperate which are very difficult to cut out and clean it.

dscf5062gtkct.jpg

dscf5063mwkvm.jpg

dscf5064pdk23.jpg

dscf5065j3jp1.jpg

dscf5067x8j9q.jpg

dscf5068qikwc.jpg

dscf5069qzjqz.jpg

dscf5071h5jhv.jpg

dscf5072kwjeu.jpg

dscf5073jxkod.jpg

dscf5074zmjtl.jpg

dscf5075ckkw7.jpg

dscf5077fnkl4.jpg

dscf50794wk90.jpg

dscf5082bfkdz.jpg

dscf5083fpjzc.jpg

dscf5084qfkcr.jpg

• Like 41
  • Thanks 2

Very nice and clean realization. 

I like very much the idea of adding the pedal and the back of the pit with panels.

I've just read that Italeri is reboxing this ESCI kit in 2020 (as well as they did with F16's one) ... I admit that I would like to buy it, even if I dislike the material of the safety belt: you made a good job, but I am not sure to be able to make them realistic. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/30/2020 at 12:54 AM, Bangseat said:

Wonderful! Makes you wonder what the whole F104 would be like in 1:12..

That would result in a model a little over 4.5 feet long. I have shelves that would hold it, but don't have a wallet that would hold what it would cost to buy it!

• Haha 1

Nicely done. I can remember this kit when it first came out but never bought one. The wonder to me is that someone hasn't built a 1/12 Starfighter to put it in!

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

Nice build and finish.

You don't see many of these built (or the F-16 tub they did) oddly enough. I thought it was a great concept personally and bought both when they first came out with ESCI. I was always surprised they never expanded their range and did an F4 and a F-14 1/12 tub as I am sure those would have flown off the shelves!

Gary

Hello Gary

yes youre right, i was wonder too that the range of this great kits never get expanded, how i would love a F-4F Phantom Cockpit, but i think they sold to less of the F-104 and F-16 cockpits, so it was not worthy to release other ones