1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by AZmodel & Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by AZmodel - released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by AZmodel & Kovozávody Prostějov (KP)- released - new KP Bf.109E-7 boxing

Wow.  Interesting choice of markings.  Heydrich was a monster, as the boxing says.  You only have to watch 'Conspiracy' or, in my opinion, the far better 1984 German language film Der Wannseekonferenz (which is on You Tube btw) to get an idea of how this man operated.  Still, I hadn't realised he had been an operational pilot attached to the Luftwaffe, albeit pretty disastrously. 

This is one boxing I have no interest in getting. I could see doing Rudolph Hess’ Bf110. Hermann Goering’s Fokker D.VII makes me queasy. But this is on another level of “ick factor.” In particular, Heydrich’s assassination resulted in mass German reprisals against Czech civilians and a number of towns were completely wiped out.

• Like 1

Was it really necessary to publish the plane of terrorist, war criminal, mass murderer and a chief organizer of the Holocaust ?

I think it was not.

Edited by MiG-Mech
  • Like 1

I’ll play the devil’s advocate here. Might seem odd yes, to say the least.I admit it would be icky and chilling to have that standing in the cupboard and I don’t think I’d enjoy putting those decals on. But on the other hand, it could serve as a reminder what the war was actually about. It’s easy to forget if you just select German planes of known anti-Nazis for your collection.

Edited by Torbjorn
  • Like 2

My family lost members when Lidice was wiped out on 10th June 1942

I'm building a 109 in 1/48 and I shall be putting Heydrich's markings on it

Its history - part of my family history

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by AZmodel & Kovozávody Prostějov (KP)- released - new AZmodel Bf.109E-1 boxing
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by AZmodel & Kovozávody Prostějov (KP)- released - new Sabrekits Bf.109E-3 RAF boxing
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by AZmodel & Kovozávody Prostějov (KP)- released - new Croatian E-7/Trop
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by AZmodel & Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released
  • 6 months later...