1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by AZmodel & Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released

Homebee

After the Bf.109F "Friedrich" (link), Bf.109G "Gustav" (link) and Bf.109K "Kürfurst" (link), AZmodel is to release a new tool 1/72nd Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family.

Source: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&do=findComment&comment=3565762

First boxings - December 2020

- ref. AZ7658 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3 "Battle of Britain"

- ref. AZ7660 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3 "Over Spain

-  ref. AZ7661 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3 "Battle of France"

- ref. AZ7663 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-7 Trop "Over Africa

Next batch -  2021

- ref. AZ7659 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-7

- ref. AZ7662 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-4

- ref. AZ7664 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3

- ref. AZ7666 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-4

box art

ME1091E.jpg

Emil.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

Ooooooooohhh nice!!! Another Emil kit to try out! Sign me up for one, sorry, two or three! Should get some of the subvariants we haven't seen from Airfix or ICM, or are perhaps harder to find (Airfix's trop box?). Perhaps this even opens up things like a Bf109T (was this tooled by AModel?). 

Not a huge fan of Airfix's kit which I find suffers from poor moulding (two of my three were very badly done and the third is now just a source spares I have no intention of actually building, partially because I have no canopy for it as that went to another kit. 

Yeah, I kinda lost track of which 109s from AZ are now the 'good' ones. I have both an early G (early as in one of the first they released) and an F-boxing.

I also have pretty much every other half-decent Emile in the stash apart from the ICM kit so this will have to be pretty damn good.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/azmodelkits/posts/3622008407823742

http://www.modelarovo.cz/messerschmitt-bf-109e-emil-azmodel-1-72

Emil is coming…

During October, we launch the new Emil model in 1/72 scale on the world market. Among other things, the Gustav family was awarded the "Modelfan-Model of the Year" gold plaque at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. Emil is another important version of the famous 109, which the company AZmodel introduces into its wide production portfolio. Today we bring you working previews on the first four boxarts for the Bf 109E-3 and E-7 versions. We can tell you that we will process all versions of this beautiful German fighter from the beginning of the war. Including E-1!

We will publish more info and previews here next week.

Bf-109-E-3-4.jpg Bf-109-E-3-1-scaled.jpg

Bf-109-E-3-3.jpg Bf-109-E-2-scaled.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

More & schemes

- ref. AZ7658 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3 "Battle of Britain"

https://www.azmodel.cz/produkt/bf-109e-3-battle-of-britain/

AZ7658-box-jpg-c5141d83b6efe3e4b31d5a111

AZ7658-kamo-jpg-68bc2946a1aaaf46208a631e

- ref. AZ7660 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3 "Over Spain

https://www.azmodel.cz/produkt/bf-109e-3-over-spain/"

AZ7660-box-jpg-5ee789236c049e3904af9a5b2

AZ7660-kamo-jpg-fe423a570bf13376480e8646

-  ref. AZ7661 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3 "Battle of France"

https://www.azmodel.cz/produkt/bf-109e-3-battle-of-france/

AZ7661-box-jpg-5daff9a536e13a20bb7f1f426
AZ7661-kamo-jpg-2bacde690519ba41609c0cc3

- ref. AZ7663 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-7 Trop "Over Africa

https://www.azmodel.cz/produkt/bf-109e-7trop-over-africa/

AZ7663-box-jpg-cee2d9fa5622bf3ca32192e3e
AZ7663-kamo-jpg-dd252bf49d40c5fc9ed7f518

V.P.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E "Emil" family by AZmodel - box art+sprues+schemes - release November 2020

Ooh dear, let's just hope that will be the only "miss" in their decal options... I was terribly disappointed in their F decals...no exaggeration to say that virtually ANY of the items in their F decal sheets was wrong.. if not color, then font, size, shape...all almost useless.

• Like 3

On 08/11/2020 at 13:40, bad edd said:

Ooh dear, let's just hope that will be the only "miss" in their decal options... I was terribly disappointed in their F decals...no exaggeration to say that virtually ANY of the items in their F decal sheets was wrong.. if not color, then font, size, shape...all almost useless.

AZ's decals are routinely rubbish. Only time they weren't was when Eduard printed them for their Bf 109 separate JG boxings. In my opinion they'll never be considered a serious competitor to Eduard or Special Hobby until they sort that out.

• Like 2

The 1/72 landscape for Emils is changing rapidly. I wonder where this AZ and the other new Special Hobby will sit compared to the already quite decent Tamiya, ICM and Airfix releases. Even the older Hasegawa tooling is still a good kit. I can't think of any other plane that is better served in 1/72.

Edited by sroubos
  • Like 1

As per the photos on the big 'H' the Special Hobby E-3 looks very, very interesting with positionable flaps and leading edge slats, exposed canon wing bays and detailed engine with the 2 mg's so I already have 3 of these on backorder.

That said I know I'll end up with at least one of the AZ Emils, probably the E-1 as this has never been done before in this scale.

Regards

Colin.

Ps. must be my age but 72nd scale kits are now fast approaching the level of detail only available in 48th or 24th scale in the old days!

Source: http://www.modelarovo.cz/bf-109e-1-72-azmodel-jde-do-prodeje/

Second boxings batch expected in December - box art + schemes.

- ref. AZ7659 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-7

AZ7659-cista-500x345.jpg
AZ7659-kamo-500x354.jpg

-ref. AZ7662 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-4

AZ7662-cista-500x350.jpg
AZ7662-kamo-500x355.jpg

- ref. AZ7664 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3

AZ7664-cista-500x339.jpg
AZ7664-kamo-500x355.jpg

- ref. AZ7666 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-4

AZ7666-cista-500x355.jpg
AZ7666-kamo-500x350.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, fishplanebeer said:

As per the photos on the big 'H' the Special Hobby E-3 looks very, very interesting with positionable flaps and leading edge slats, exposed canon wing bays and detailed engine with the 2 mg's so I already have 3 of these on backorder.

That said I know I'll end up with at least one of the AZ Emils, probably the E-1 as this has never been done before in this scale.

Regards

Colin.

Ps. must be my age but 72nd scale kits are now fast approaching the level of detail only available in 48th or 24th scale in the old days!

Approaching? My recent Eduard, Tamiya and Clear Prop kits are way beyond what was available in 1/48 just ten years ago. I don't have any recent 1/48 kits so I assume that level of detail is now available in that scale as well but these recent toolings are absolutely stunning in terms of detail.

I don't think this AZ kit will be up there but since the SH kit was developed with support from Eduard it just might be at the same level.

I do have a soft spot for SH as the Kittyhawk I'm building, my first model in 30+ years, is quite superb and they even sent me a replacement canopy set for it for free due to me breaking some of parts.

Having been away from the hobby for so long I'm still catching up with all the latest tools, paints and techniques etc. but rather confused/surprised that these days all the top notch model companies seem to be Czech as in my former modelling life they were all Japanese, Tamiya, Fujimi etc. 

I now understand that AZ and KP are one and the same company with the two brands aimed at different market segments possibly but not at all sure of the link between Eduard and SH, assuming there is one based upon the new SH 'Emil' being in collaboration with Eduard. Makes no difference I know as all that matters is that both produce excellent kits, for example my Eduard Spitfire VIII is truly mind boggling in terms of both detail and number of parts (probably too many given my eyesight and dexterity).

What surprises and delights me is that both SH and AZ have both chosen to release their new Emils at exactly the same time which seems rather odd from a business perspective but a happy coincidence for me with Xmas looming as I now have an excuse to add them both to my waiting list courtesy of Santa! All I need now for is Eduard to announce a Spitfire XII in 72nd scale and 2020 won't seem quite so bloomin awful after all.

Regards

Colin.

On 20/11/2020 at 15:05, fishplanebeer said:

I do have a soft spot for SH as the Kittyhawk I'm building, my first model in 30+ years, is quite superb and they even sent me a replacement canopy set for it for free due to me breaking some of parts.

Having been away from the hobby for so long I'm still catching up with all the latest tools, paints and techniques etc. but rather confused/surprised that these days all the top notch model companies seem to be Czech as in my former modelling life they were all Japanese, Tamiya, Fujimi etc. 

I now understand that AZ and KP are one and the same company with the two brands aimed at different market segments possibly but not at all sure of the link between Eduard and SH, assuming there is one based upon the new SH 'Emil' being in collaboration with Eduard. Makes no difference I know as all that matters is that both produce excellent kits, for example my Eduard Spitfire VIII is truly mind boggling in terms of both detail and number of parts (probably too many given my eyesight and dexterity).

What surprises and delights me is that both SH and AZ have both chosen to release their new Emils at exactly the same time which seems rather odd from a business perspective but a happy coincidence for me with Xmas looming as I now have an excuse to add them both to my waiting list courtesy of Santa! All I need now for is Eduard to announce a Spitfire XII in 72nd scale and 2020 won't seem quite so bloomin awful after all.

Regards

Colin.

Whilst AZ and KP have the same parent company Special Hobby and Eduard just have a close working relationship (helping each other on various projects). As for the similar release dates, the Czech forums are full of stories of the rivalry between AZ/KP and Eduard/SH over the years (prior to the new 109E the big story was over Eduard's recent Z-37). It does get rather petty at points but it seems they constantly try to one-up each other. Incidentally Japan still are the leaders in many areas, it's just here in Europe that Hasegawa, FineMolds, Fujimi and Tamiya are all expensive for what they are. Great kits still but it's good for our wallets that the Czech firms have been snapping at their heels for sometime. Griffon-engined Spitfires from Eduard are high on my most-wanted list too. Don't expect them anytime soon though, Eduard seems to have forgotten 1/72 exists and is focused on 1/48 right now.

Many thanks for clarifying all that, and as you say Hasegawa kits in particular are almost off the scale price wise in the UK at present.

Tamiya are still are on the high side even if their kits are possibly the best in some cases, for example I have their F4-U1A Corsair and it is quite superb but almost twice the price of the Revell equivalent that I also have which is more than acceptable quality wise.

By the way as the SH Emil has been done with help from Eduard I'm hoping it will become the bench mark for this version, so fingers crossed.

Thanks again,

Colin.