1/72 - McDonnell-Douglas F/A-18A/C & B Hornet by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) (plastic Italeri) - released

Homebee

In 2020 Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) is to rebox the 1/72nd Italeri MCDD F/A18 Hornet kits.

Source: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&do=findComment&comment=3565762

- ref. KPM0163 - McDonnell-Douglas F/A-18A/C Hornet

- ref. KPM0164 - McDonnell-Douglas F/A-18B Hornet

Box art

Hornet.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee

Hmmm, this Italeri plastic was released short after "Velvet Revolution" by Bilek(with Desert storm campaign decals), former distributor of Italeri for Czech in pladtic bag. I have it many years back and sold it for few bucks... Today it is a really legacy kit of legacy Hornet. But is very popular as re-box, Revell have it in their own boxes too...(in history, im not dure what is on newest box). Academy Hornet is better choice for Legacy Hornet. Bilek launched in their bags (really bag with paper sleeve - as old Frog)a Su-34. Yup, it is old kit but still looks more as "Fulback" then newest HB with strange shaped "beak". Maybe later ?

Seeing as KP has released this ex-Italeri tooling, formerly reboxed by Bilek...

... I sure hope we can look forward to a reboxing of some 1/72 Italeri long-nose Phantoms (they did F-4E & G and RF-4) which have also been reboxed by Bilek also shortly after the Velvet Revolution. I had never given these kits a second thought in the past but after having seen one built in the flesh recently, I was struck by its accuracy shape-wise. I'd buy a couple.    

Jay

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Seeing as KP has released this ex-Italeri tooling, formerly reboxed by Bilek...

... I sure hope we can look forward to a reboxing of some 1/72 Italeri long-nose Phantoms (they did F-4E & G and RF-4) which have also been reboxed by Bilek also shortly after the Velvet Revolution. I had never given these kits a second thought in the past but after having seen one built in the flesh recently, I was struck by its accuracy shape-wise. I'd buy a couple.    

Jay

Do you mean the RF or the F-4G ? The former is not bad but the E and G IMHO are not too accurate, particularly in the shape of the nose area around the two small intakes.

Of course if they rebox the G for cheap, it could be a source of parts to use on other E kits, as the Hasegawa G seems particularly hard to find.

2 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Do you mean the RF or the F-4G ? The former is not bad but the E and G IMHO are not too accurate, particularly in the shape of the nose area around the two small intakes.

Of course if they rebox the G for cheap, it could be a source of parts to use on other E kits, as the Hasegawa G seems particularly hard to find.

Hi Giorgio,

Well I suppose it's a matter of taste, and I refer purely to general outline shapes, but I think the Hasegawa forward nose section of the F-4E/G is off by being a little too stout when viewed from the side, no idea if this is common knowledge or just an individual's opinion by the way. The Italeri F-4E indeed has a tiny bit of an excessive droop forward from the windscreen in side view but all in all I really think it's very accurate - moreover the droop can be fairly easily corrected. 

But going back to the Hornet: the decals look rather nice.

Jay

EDIT: Having double checked - actually I take a couple of my words back: the Italeri droop forward of the windshield looks just fine actually.

Edited by Mountain goat