OK already the once again enjoyable Bristle Bilvedere

perdu

3 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Pretty damned good I'd see. Keep it up ~Bill. Lovin' this build.

I'll see your 'good' and raise you a 'brilliant'! 

I think we're all loving this build.  I love seeing old kits brought to life and pimped up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A slight impasse develops

No I will not be stopping the build but just discovered I have run out of 0.030" (.75 it seems) plasticard and a huge production run is imminent

I might have not discovered the discrepancy but a check on plans against kit components reveals

P1010433.jpg

Too narrow and too short, I might have allowed one dimensional error in the model but not both

Hence I took a survey of my plasticard stocks to find, to my dismay, that I am completely out of stock of 0.030"

Left with the dilemma, shall I pop round to the shop and buy some?

I was physically unable to put anyone at risk just for a plastic model but Enter The 'Bay, not the first time eBay has turned up trumps

Looks as if I will be getting 5 assorted sheets with delivery for less that £8

Thursday or Friday phew...

So with that sorted I set about using Tom's great pictures of the back end to do a little refinement     

IMG-5412.jpg

See the step under the 30° biased piece of fin shaped metal

P1010434.jpg

The angle of the camera makes that look less tidy by lens than in real life but any discrepancies seen under primer can be quickly sorted

And further up front I have been working on getting the very prominent pedal assembly roughed in

P1010435.jpg

As the Formula 560 is setting I usually give the individual pieces (pedals here) a wobble to make sure they line up OK          

And now I begin the instrument panels, Mike Grant decals might provide many of these but I am unsure about those gauges that sit in prominent surrounds  

I wonder if I have any etch panels that can give up some gauges?

Or decal sheets...

laters guys and gals        

• Like 12

Very useful Tom, gratefully received

Today, whilst awaiting raw materials this occurred

P1010436.jpg  Dare we look past this blurry evidence of my old hands jitters?

Yes lets

A little closer and we begin to see that a Modeldecals Puma sheet has lost some of its credentials

P1010437.jpg

In pursuit of a very disorganised I.P.

P1010439.jpg

Not as easy as the DGHC1 Chipmunk we love so much here, but needs must

Here is mine with a tad of paint on it

P1010438.jpg

Not exactly right and I accept the AH should have been an older style and higher up the panel and the Direction Indicator lower and of an other type but we got what we got

And to add to it the lower engine power panel too

P1010440.jpg

Unless compelling reasons are posted, with helpful amendments this is going inside the nose

Anyway, for now that is it

Keep safe please

• Like 15

I think you can be forgiven for a few minor inaccuracies Bill. Question about the rotor blades (I've put my tin foil hat on if I sound liker a blinkin' idiot) presumably you will wrap the plasticard around the existing blades and fill / sand back? I've noticed that the blades in my piccies differ from the plans, especially the angle of the root / airfoil (sorry not familiar with rotor blade technical terms). Will you go with the plans or the piccies? Appreciate either could be innacurate...

Mike your wisdom please.

When the 0.030" gets here Tom plan A is to make eight new blades

As ye see the skimpy things in the model don't atcherlley look big enough and will be replaced

Should be easy enough to make eight identical blades, Bristol managed it.  😁

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Interesting times all round

As well as the covid19 thingy I found that access to my postimg pictures was being seriously curtailed

I cannot upload pictures to there in order to post them here, irritating huh

However there are always alternatives

Trying to use flickr now but have serious doubts whether flickr and I are compatible, let's we find out huh

I have been using one of my 'OK but', nose canopy mouldings to make and test some inner bits and fittings

Here I am trying to scope out the shape of  the inner bubble, the lower section of the dash panel has a bottom covering plate fitted across the bubble

Some tired old plasticene gently pushed into the bubble area, ready for me to extract and follow the  curve in plasticard

49699012902_60c03f4bff_z.jpg

No this is not thick Bill friendly

I will try something else tomorrow

Sorry

• Like 11

Better try again, still cannot upload to postimg

P1010444

OK the first one loaded just like last night, wonder if any more will or will I get shut out again

Dear Postimage come home soon please

This is  the plasticene template use to make the cut out for the lower panel

And here might, just might be the IP and engine IP and the coaming cut out

P1010440

Woah that was painful, what other choices are there?

Off for a look

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Are you talking about picture sharing sites? Flickr is good. Sure you have to pay but I have had o trouble thus far.

*touches own head.

JJ

Yes, I did my 1000 free pics with Flickr and found them so good I now subscribe with unlimited, certainly all I'll ever need.

Terry

• Like 2

I use Flickr Bill and not had any problems until recently, but I think that’s probably due to our underlying ISP problem. The last time I posted any photos it took about 30 minutes to do three!

It doesn’t help that a lot of sites are overloaded due to the current situation.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, perdu said:

It's no good, that direction indicating device has to have its excessive white toned down...

Looks good to me. Glad to see you are using Flickr!

Terry

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Glad to see you are using Flickr!

I have  to say I'm not, it is horrid

Keeps losing the 'post the picture' parts and makes me run round and through hoops to even find the copy-able links

Postimage, when it is working which has been several easy years now is simply 'there' when you need it, from taking the picture and uploading it to the computer then Postimage takes mere minutes

Flickr is determined not to help me  :(

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, perdu said:

Flickr is determined not to help me  :(

You’ll get used to it. I use the Flickr app in conjunction with the BBCode4Flickr App to post directly from my iPhone and not withstanding the convoluted path ( camera/Flickr/BBCode4Flickr/safari) it works pretty well ( have I just argued myself in a circle, hmm)

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feels like we are talking about different Flikr's to me!

For me, it's always been very easy to use, fast, and never failed me ?????

Might be to do with your ISP or other intervening technical reasons.

Puzzled of Dorset!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Me

bound to be me

Dumb of Brum!

Don’t be like that Bill.

have you got Flickr on your phone?

If so click on your pic. Click the little arrow on the right. Then click the “copy url” button. When you get to BM click paste. 

it really is quite simple. 

I wouldn’t use it other wise.

its actually easier from a desk top but can’t quite remember the sequence. I’ll have a look later and let you know.

Johnny

• Like 1

I've been using Flickr from my desktop Mac (not my iPhone) since the great Photobucket flap and have never had a problem. I haven't yet reached my free limit, so am not paying for it either.

• Like 3