OK already the once again enjoyable Bristle Bilvedere

perdu

Great job on the interiors Dear Colleague.

I'll bet for the same flare pistol...

The Belvedere is not old enough for a black powder musket...

Just sayin !!

Congrats !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 3

Hi again Bill,

Those attachment points above the seats are to hold the seats vertical when folded up.  Each seat had a turn-release waist strap, similar to the Wessex belts.

spacer.png

The crewman had a turn-release waist strap attached to his seat. When out of the seat, he used a standalone harness (See the location fit in the paratrooping drawing) which was connected to a long canvas strap that fitted to the opposite (port) bulkhead.

spacer.png

Here is a view of the configuration when used in the paratrooping role.  The crewman's harness is No.24, with the long canvass strap leading off to the port bulkhead. This would be visible with the door open.

spacer.png

Plus, some other items which you may have missed out!!  Note item No.9 in the front cabin, it is a "funnel, urinary" with No. 10 being the "container" :giggle:

spacer.png

No sign of a Verey's Pistol, or holster, though.

Mike

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

So from Mike's fabulous diagram we get three stations for urinary purposes, driver and buddy get one each

Reasonable I suppose and there is one more in the big cabin, "shouldn't have joined if you can't take..."

There is already an extinguisher on one of the cabin walls and the crewman's seat has its little firm pad (looks quite wooden to me, glad I am not using it)

P1010324.jpg

Looks as if the seat belts get stowed out of the way under the seat in that canvas cover, handy short cut huh  ;)

Eye bolt under each seat to attach the seat belt to the airframe too, invaluable stuff for my archives thanks

There MUST be a flare pistol, basic SOP if nothing else and your picture from the restoration shows the cartridge stowage alongside a black metal frame which I am inferring to be the holster holder

b29.JPG

The higher bracket above the port side seating could well be the attachment point for the crewman's wandering about harness too, so I won't worry about that

Maybe the green brackets next to the front seat are to hold urinary devices?

Pondering that very lightly...

There will be a cable cover running along the roof but to be fair not a lot of point overscale detailing the innards so there isnt going to be much more

OK pressing on, see y'all tomorrow

• Like 17

Interesting schematic of the seats. So they didn't fold up, but the rear part was disconnected from the "down" mount and reconnected to the "stowed" one!

No such thing as a quick change out then!

Ian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

Probably checking his camera settings as this event preceded mobile phones by about 30 years.

Sorry, I don’t understand... A time before mobile phones?!? 😳

And what are ‘camera settings’?

• Haha 8

Hmm, two sticks and two drivers...

Seems like a possibility for a little light 'relief' under weigh to me

Any road up, I have been doing things up front as well as suffering badly down the back with Tamiya tape sticking where I don't want it

Mostly on the tips of my pointy tweezers, doh!

Rethink in (slow) progress on that front but here we have the driver's seat under construction

A short length of GPO telephone wire from the innards of the plug  in my garage taken away when my whole telephone connection was decreed mediaeval and replaced in another room near my computer router

I now have about seventy feet of single strand wire which solders beautifully when I take the skin (insulation) off

And a Weller soldering station who's soldering iron has given up its heat ablating layer, broke it is!

so we do this one this way ( A new soldering iron is on its way from the bay)

P1010326.jpg

The looped wire is fitted with a styrene back rest and a seat pan ready for brace tube to be added, the co-pilot's seat is a different shape and seems to be cut away allowing access to the tunnel back to the cabin

This is carved from the typical Airfix 1960 pair of seats supplied, the ejector mark is only there in the oddball plastic Airfix used back then which carries pigment changes where things have been altered, no doubt others who have enjoyed working on the plastic will corroborate

In fact the seat is smooth and bears no actual ridges round the ejector mark

weird

To operate on such fragile asemblies I was using a sanding pad's soft foam interior to grip the wire, this made it easy to lie the assembly down to accept the cross braces

P1010328.jpg

two pieces of straightened telephone wire were used to make the braces, all held in place with Cockpit Glue formula 560

Like so

P1010330.jpg

The 560 will shrink a little as it sets and will grip like a g'rilla

This assembly can now be painted blacks*, and a dark green leather seat cushion added and then the blue harness straps

*one semishiny for the tubes and one dark mattish for the seat backrest, this will then get a drybrushing with Klear to lift the black out of the darkness

Now I am off to make a coffee and get the daily rag, sees ya laters

• Like 17

Now that's neat! :clap: 

Good to know Formula 560 is useful for this kind of stuff too, BTW 👍

4 minutes ago, perdu said:

and get the daily rag

I only know one meaning of the word "rag", and it doesn't fit with your sentence .... :shrug: 😕  I hope is a good thing, though ... :D 

Ciao

2 minutes ago, giemme said:

Now that's neat! :clap: 

Good to know Formula 560 is useful for this kind of stuff too, BTW 👍

I only know one meaning of the word "rag", and it doesn't fit with your sentence .... :shrug: 😕  I hope is a good thing, though ... :D 

Ciao

Rag = Newspaper.  Especially of the sensationalist tabloid variety.

AW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, giemme said:

Thanks AW - do they still exist? :rofl:

Ciao

Oh most certainly G, lots of rubbish to choose from too

I base my choice on favourite comic cartoon strips, whatever other criteria would matter?

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, perdu said:

I base my choice on favourite comic cartoon strips, whatever other criteria would matter?

Fair enough, absolutely reasonable criteria :D 

Ciao

• Thanks 1

A splash, or two, of colour

P1010333.jpg

The splash of white is a thread of Formula 560 filling in a gap so I can touch in the blacky black later.

The green seat pads are quite clearly shown in many of the cockpit photos I have, so green it were.

• Like 5

Ah just to prove you shouldn't leave me anywhere near an opened, messed about with model

So much filler that I would probably have gotted away with too...  :(

P1010335.jpg

Hasegawa/Frog Lightning F6 still happening slowly

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 24/02/2020 at 19:14, bootneck said:

No sign of a Verey's Pistol, or holster, though.

Hi again Bill,

I've just got back from the Helicopter Museum and I have been able check through the manuals to find more detail for you, especially about the signal/flare gun, holster and cartridge locations.  I'll put the detail together and post it later this evening for you.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1