OK already the once again enjoyable Bristle Bilvedere

perdu

Tried that but it was too complex for my little heid Alan

did this instead in Paint

Allow grid guides

Draw along them with the shapes tool set on line

Altered the colour to a slight contrast with the interior green (can be altered to suit obviously)

Then imported a small image which was introduced to Word as a picture and pushed and pulled until it fit the fuselage

I think I can now print a transfer that will add contrast to a green interior wall

on to the next conundrum huh?

P1010234.jpg

This will run over the ceiling too and will only need a few upper rib formers popping in place where they can be spied from the doorway

next...

• Like 14

Sorry Bill, I can't help in this computer matter...

I'm bored enough with the :mg::bangin::phew: cars computers....

Then I'm still a ruler and pencils guy... a kind of dinosaur in fact...

My kids laugh very oftenly about that....:evil_laugh:

Hey Pete,

I'll pretend that I did'nt read your post about about snuffle beer...:tease:

C'm on and join the fray at Telford 2021... :evil_laugh:

For the dogs... Tsss !! Where are a lot of dogs here on BM...

10 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I do like the Belvedere. Tried to persuade 2 short run manufacturers to try one in 1/48. They said no, commercial suicide. Shame.

A 1/48 Belvedere...Take my money, I'll wait for it...

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 5

Find me a picture flat enough to cut and paste that looked a bit like the innards I would be delighted to cut and paste

MS Paint which is given away in Windows is getting to be quite a capable graphics tool and I keep forgetting that simple fact  :(

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Splendid buck-artistry Bill.

Have one of these tucked away on the shelf myself so delighted for an opportunity to crib ideas from thou here.

Great idea on visuals for the interior in transfer form.

• Like 2

Been doing something similar for my Sea Kings - using GIMP II, made a page of cabin roofs, with variations as appropriate...

....but rather than transfers, they're simply printed onto thin card, and fixed in position with PVA glue - couple of examples:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13

Basically plan A I think Andy, the innards of the Bilvedere are so indelibly marked by my earlier attempts at scoring the lines that I decided to do that last night

Tryout this weekend methinks

I have just redrawn the stringer and rib lines, though on examination the horizontal lines might not be stringers but rivetted skin folds, it seems

What does the team think?

P1130547.jpg

This is the interior of the forward engine bay, I believe this is the one at the Helicopter Museum undergoing a rebuild

I think there must be a way the bods in the back can chat to the bods in the front, that black composition piece on the left of the bay looks like a floor to me

So next, the front bulkhead...

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, perdu said:

I have just redrawn the stringer and rib lines, though on examination the horizontal lines might not be stringers but rivetted skin folds, it seems

Very hard to say for certain from the photo but I reckon  you might be on to something there.

AW

9 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Been doing something similar for my Sea Kings - using GIMP II, made a page of cabin roofs, with variations as appropriate...

....but rather than transfers, they're simply printed onto thin card, and fixed in position with PVA glue - couple of examples:

spacer.png

spacer.png

What mk you building there Andy,?....yellow? Wheres the sea tray? Confused 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, perdu said:

Basically plan A I think Andy, the innards of the Bilvedere are so indelibly marked by my earlier attempts at scoring the lines that I decided to do that last night

I think there must be a way the bods in the back can chat to the bods in the front, that black composition piece on the left of the bay looks like a floor to me

Well if Plan A doesn't work, and Plan B won't because of Plan A, there's always Plan C (for Card)...

Fairly sure that is a floor you can see - wasn't the bulge on the port side where a passageway was, allowing access past the engine to and from the cockpit?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, junglierating said:

What mk you building there Andy,?....yellow? Wheres the sea tray? Confused 

Grey Whale - so over-painted Yellow! You can just see the forward edge of the sea tray under the seats - better views back in the build thread here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235035890-revell-172-sea-king-har3-completed-twice/&do=findComment&comment=3024196

• Like 1

Hello Bill,

Look what I found while working...

Who said that barnfind are dead today...

Do you know this one ??

IMG_20200127_152155 IMG_20200127_152202

This Mustang is now an organ donor...

IMG_20200127_151840

The guy has another 'Stang and a Torino... 

Amazing...

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 6

6 pot sidevalve Ford?

The tail looks too light for a Pilot so I will have to give up

Cracking find though

With the Bilvedere I gave the printed interior wall a test run

Not card but slightly heavy envelope paper (I had a few dozen A4+ sized envelopes left after finishing an AA project just before the sat nav hit the streets so lots of raw materials)

What do you think?

P1010237.jpg

Thinking of adding a few of the ribs just in front of the doorway where they will be visible, ditto along the ceiling

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well, stuff sitting at the back of the bar mumbling into my beer and eating stale peanuts, I'm elbowing my way to the front and ordering a fresh ale and meat pie with extra chips.

Good work old chap (or young, I don't know you that well and it's hard to tell from here), I am going to enjoy the vicarious pleasures of your build.

Now, where did I leave my pork scratchings?

• Haha 2

Nice to have you along Don, advice from an old man (very old)

'Get as near the front as you can, then you can tell the bloke behind instead of being him and keep having to ask'

The Crafty Fox ran out on Tuesday, hopefully Pete will be bringing fresh supplies soon

but there's plenty of ABK Hell on tap, getting ABK Fels in on Friday too

Now I have to find a supplier of Gators Grip, mine is running empty and giving up the ghost

• Like 3

1 hour ago, perdu said:

With the Bilvedere I gave the printed interior wall a test run

Not card but slightly heavy envelope paper (I had a few dozen A4+ sized envelopes left after finishing an AA project just before the sat nav hit the streets so lots of raw materials)

What do you think?

P1010237.jpg

That green might be a bit too green, but otherwise looking good...

....re-reading the earlier posts, deducing that the original Plan A gave way to a new Plan A, which I was calling Plan C? Plan B, is, of course, a hip-hop artist...

• Haha 1

GIMP (Gnu image manipulation er tool) would be the software of choice, it's free and much more powerful than paint (think Photoshop and Illustrator combined) but it does have a very steep learning curve if you're not computery ( I made that one up) 

I do love your decal approach to the interior detail. Must subvert it to some of my future builds :)

Gator's Grip running out? Don't panic! 

I can't find UK stock after a quick search. Perhaps we should put an order in to the maker?

If shipping is an expense issue perhaps we could club together and get a supply?

Modelling Tools OOS

No takers on the 'bay so I will be giving my LMS a look see but I fear the  import our own supplies route may be the way to go

Let's see huh

• Like 2

Apologies for the lateness of my arrival, Burns Suppers eh! The season lasts for ever up here. Ooh another heli-me-whirlygig thingy. I'll sit in the more lessons in the black arts the better before I ever embark on my Airfix Puma & Sea King.

Don't suppose there's anything dry, white and mostly grapes behind the bar? Chilean or New Zealand I'm not too fussy.

Taking a hint from Mr Martin we have a very fine Chilean Pinot Grigio, must be OK HJ the gaffer drinks it

The side wall colour having been found wanting I am tediously redrawing the lines again in a more greyly green

laters folks

• Like 3

MS Paint, if you know how do please show me   :(

Least complex method please

Each rectangle of colour has to be altered because each is a basic part of the image

It aint Photoshop but my computer hates Adobe software or it would be

• Sad 1