OK already the once again enjoyable Bristle Bilvedere

perdu

I have concluded that you must be right Johnny, inescapable and very evidential really

still

P1010001.jpg

None of what is left is 'eye-visible' so after a suck and a damp brush I declared the cabin to be OK.

I do need to make the CedB adaptation soon I trow, but for now this can stay

P1010002.jpg

With Ced's star so obviously in ascendency I thought what the hell, let's have a look

A sacrificial Turkish Sea Furry, no misprint, gets the AK treatment

P1010003.jpg

I dont think I am willing to risk that on this

P1010004.jpg

I only (only?) have basic Aluminium and steel and absolutely no skill in its application

No

Not yetawhile

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Good work with the basic Honk Bill - the modified 2.0 awaits! :D 

How did you apply the paste?

Try:

• a tiny bit on a brush and scrub it around
  • same again, but this time dip the brush in white spirit first, rub it off (fnaar!) on the side of the pot, dip it in the paste and go for it
  • for either method make sure you scrub it around, a lot - there's an unusual amount of pigment in the paste and it needs SCRUBBING or thinning.

Fingers crossed :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, CedB said:

it needs SCRUBBING or thinning

Ced the Scrubber! The Pythons are looking for you, they have a job offer.....

Ian

• Haha 4

Some mornings things ain'tn't too bad

P1010012.jpg

It helps to have the dimension drawing from the AP though, for certain.

Today (I hope) I will be mostly adding an interminable number of stencils and maintenance placards all over the airframe.

That's them in the bag on the right, migosh there's a lot of them!

• Like 16

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Today (I hope) I will be mostly adding an interminable number of stencils and maintenance placards all over the airframe.

Given how good it looks already Bill, one man's interminability is sure to be an onlooker's delight. Best of luck with this next phase. :thumbsup2:

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 12:38 AM, CedB said:

Good work with the basic Honk Bill - the modified 2.0 awaits! :D 

I must admit I had a good chuckle at this bit on the description images:

41qU0hUf1jL._AC_.jpg

What did they put in there, a BMW-003?

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Some mornings things ain'tn't too bad

Looking good :) That new paint did the trick then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, perdu said:

P1010012.jpg

See what I mean? What had been various odd shapes covered in filler and masking tape is emerging from its chrysalis into a very fine butterfly indeed. Splendid stuff. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That is looking a bit all around gorgeous, fugly ducking to the prince of the pond in several easily mastered steps, but wait, I just may be mangling metaphors. :D , anyways, it's a beauty. :)

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had to play, at least this time I wasn't doing hummywoppa-ing noises

P1010013.jpg

Quite pleased with the droop stop counterweights, equally pleased I didn't miss proof reading that sentence just a minute ago.

The interior dust is a thing of the past it seems, let's hope it stays that enigmatic and hidden from view huh :)

I have decided that XG453 shall be the role model for this model

I have found several pictures of her in service, all show varying states of warning labelling so I intend to be fairly generic with the placards

P1010015.jpg

A terrible screen shot via my camera shows one of several style of serial lettering too, it has been weird tracing the 'one look' for her.

This shot seems to show a more general style of lettering, luckily several types are available on the Xtradecals reshoot of the White RAF Post War Serial Letters and Numbers sheet, including the squarer style Gs and 3s I wanted.

No problem is a problem that doesn't exist, phew

OK round the airframe with serials and as many placards as didnt break my will to live (and survive to go back to the pub  in a weeks or so's time) and this is it unless YOU can persuade me that the doppalpingerator fluid placard is missing and needs to be instated...

a:

P1010016.jpg

b:

P1010017.jpg

c :

P1010018.jpg

d:

P1010019.jpg

By my calculations, sucking of my hollow tooth and hanging a dried cat in the wind to see which direction the pieces drop off in I have the job of adding clip/clamps to the filter casings.

Further calculations indicates a possible mismake of the jet exhausts on the kit

I judge a slight mismatch of fitting place will need retribution and then the final window fittings will be available

Where did  I leave those wheels?                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

• Like 20