OK already the once again enjoyable Bristle Bilvedere

perdu

Seems to be some serious snagging to do, silver bottom on hold whilst I make up my feeble little mind

I'd love to ignore it but it's going to be there always isn't it?

:(

P1010763.jpg

I would have sworn this was a better picture, back in a bit...

• Like 7

Nice to see her in her camo Bill, nice job :) 

What's this "…hand pumped Tesco de-icer spray"? Has the airbrush packed in? :coat:

You can see them clearly now the paint is on Giorgio, well you could...

Ced having read up on some of the difficulties folks have had with Xtracrylics and mixing for spraying I tried mixing with a little Hand Spray De-Icer as suggested in some links I found in Google for in here (I had trouble myself before)

I used some of the hand pumped Tesco De-icer I had not used up last winter.

It seems the glycol in the mix assists the thinned paint to flow better, I still had to dip a paint brush (didnt have a cotton bud as advised in the link I found) to de-clog the tip on my H&S Ultra during the passage of paint.

Anyway, since I knew I was not going to like it I have attacked the rudder piece of the fin pylon and swiped in a skin of PPP on various uglier spots of the airframe too.

Tomorrow may see more, better paint application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah pictures

To explain what I meant G

P1010764.jpg

All bad with frilly worse bits...

So

P1010765.jpg

PPPerfection test piece #1

P1010767.jpg

Test piece #2

look at the muck in there

I get so angry with the help these days, do they think I can afford to keep them on with furlough and such

Tsskk

Tomorrow I intend getting all-new paints, this is terrible

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

What’s gone on inside. Is it just PPP dust? Nice camo on the fuselage? Is it a fuselage on a double rotor thing? Pity about the odd finish though. But as always “it’llcome up loik a new pin wo it.”

Johnny 🧐🙌

• Like 1

Bad luck with the paint Bill :( I know you'll sort it.

As Johnny says there's a lot of dust in there… time for a Mini Vacuum? Since I bought mine they're upgraded and cheaper!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ced though are but a mocker.

But it seems a good idea.

It does look PPPish Johnny so I 'spect you are right and it can stay there for now whilst I get Amazon up on a computer not linked to Mrs P's Amazon account.

Changing those things here is simply too awkward to be worth it when my little Fire tablet is Amazon linked anyway to my own account.

Today I will be visiting the Hole In The Door A.K.A. as Mikes Models to buy some fresh green and grey paints, I have just committed a huge mistake.

Looking for a Tamiya Paint chart I opened the nemesis of all wallets, The Expo Catalogue...

I may be some time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I well remember one Christmas in Singapore 1965 -66 (RAF Seleter) I was 6 years old, Santa Clause arrived at the children's Christmas's party in a Belvedere im sure, ill try to get my father to sort his photos out he has one or two somewhere of the arrival, the party was literally adjacent to its landing (100' say)

I have this model to construct myself, I bought it with others when I purchased someones Stash! Reading this thread I thought I would have a look inside the box, their really are a lot of rivets! Also looks like some one has checked all the parts of against what can only be described as very sparse instructions.

Plenty of detail going into your build, when the time comes to build this i do hope i can do this one justice, even if only to relive the day Santa arrived by Chopper.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 10

Oh wow, that must be one of the original Belvedere kits ever

I remember the boxed series two kits when they came into Woolworth

Thanks for showing me that, a proper walk down memory lane and you with real Christmas memories to go with it

I love Britmodeller.

I hope you have as much fun with that one as I have with mine

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Parrish said:

I well remember one Christmas in Singapore 1965 -66 (RAF Seleter) I was 6 years old, Santa Clause arrived at the children's Christmas's party in a Belvedere im sure, ill try to get my father to sort his photos out he has one or two somewhere of the arrival, the party was literally adjacent to its landing (100' say)

I have this model to construct myself, I bought it with others when I purchased someones Stash! Reading this thread I thought I would have a look inside the box, their really are a lot of rivets! Also looks like some one has checked all the parts of against what can only be described as very sparse instructions.

Plenty of detail going into your build, when the time comes to build this i do hope i can do this one justice, even if only to relive the day Santa arrived by Chopper.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

I do love that kit but it looks as if the transfers are even further gone than mine which look usable at a pinch.

If you want these you can have them free

15784291482565333316846980080074.jpg

I won't be using them on mine.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, perdu said:

spacer.png

I do love that kit but it looks as if the transfers are even further gone than mine which look usable at a pinch.

If you want these you can have them free

15784291482565333316846980080074.jpg

I won't be using them on mine.

Its good of you to offer them and thank you however  its going to be a while before I get round to this model I have 187 in my Stash and the Belevedere is not one I'm keen to do, maybe in 10Y time!

Edited by Parrish
added text
  • Haha 4

Understood, not a problem except I may not be here in more than ten years.

I'm old.

:)

Advice to all.

If you need glasses to read with and different ones to drive with try not to go to the model shop in your driving glasses, reading the small print on Gunze jars becomes even more impossible than usual.

Just saying...

Luckily I managed to pick up a Dark Green which on examination at home turns out to be their BS 381c 241 equivalent

Phew  :phew:

Painting tomorrow hoping to correct the rubbish from yesterday.

• Haha 11

My great-grannie Rose used to say that thunder was just God having his coal delivered into the cellar but of late I reckon it's the Paint Demon and God of Shapes at war in the sky.

Motes of dust and recalcitrant camo will quail before you in very short order Bill, as all who know your work will attest. :clap:

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Parrish said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

That looks like an original issue! And those rivets could be far worse (and were, on some later Airfix kits).

Now all you need is a 1/72 Santa!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, perdu said:

Understood, not a problem except I may not be here in more than ten years.

I'm old.

:)

Advice to all.

If you need glasses to read with and different ones to drive with try not to go to the model shop in your driving glasses, reading the small print on Gunze jars becomes even more impossible than usual.

Whadda ya mean, "old"? Modeling keeps you young! Although it doesn't do much for the eyes, true.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

My great-grannie Rose used to say that thunder was just God having his coal delivered into the cellar but of late I reckon it's the Paint Demon and God of Shapes at war in the sky.

Motes of dust and recalcitrant camo will quail before you in very short order Bill, as all who know your work will attest. :clap:

Well we do have a usb minivac en route

And Ced has designed and prototyped a mod which should just do it all

Now 

Worms of obscure semisticky stuff

That bit I get but how do I keep the spray pattern regularly aligned with Aquarius or whichever mystick mythick alignment you guys use?

And block off the unpainted part, how?

Is there a better method for slightly misted camouflage patterns?

Sadly so far no hard edged camo has reared its perfect little head so I can make THAT ONE

:(

• Like 4

Minivac ✓

1 hour ago, perdu said:

how do I keep the spray pattern regularly aligned with Aquarius

Now then, there's the rub.

Like you Bill I've never managed to 'spray between the lines' AND keep the AB at the right angle; I always panic 'cos the paint is moving towards the other side.

I'll wait with you, patiently, for a paint guru to tell us the answer.

• Like 5

Well no beggar decided to unload his technique upon us mortals Ced so I just had another go

Then forgot to take pictures before the great unveil/reveal

When I took the skin off the nose bubble this presented.

P1010769.jpg

Looks like a dollop of Tamiya tape lost in the hinterland of a busy little nose, how the hell does that come out of there?

Ah to hell with it I will try wriggling it out with a little blue dental pick I collected a few years back, just in case...

P1010770.jpg

I think I got better coverage of the green/grey scheme this time, ready again for a silvering job but I doubt if I will be trying clever stuff this time, like mixing silver 50-50 with Sea Grey Medium in an attempt to kill the silverity.

It worked but the effect got lost on photographing it all, so blow it.

As you see I still have to open up the door window openings on the cockpit, let's we get on with it

P1010773.jpg

It all looks really foul in macro, good job my eyes don't work macro all the time huh?

At least I got rid of the yellow bit

pepsodent...

In the background of one shot has been the white backed decal sheet I have prepared for the Bilvedere and the S-61N

Multi-redundancy has been the watch word, especially on the British Airways logo

The proper colour selected logo is far too sombre for my liking so I have printed some of the two colourways, to run a comparison later.

When the fuselage is red white and blue to spec-ish

• Like 11

Looks like a nice fuzzy demarcation to me Bill - good job! :) 

Now, what have you done to those windows! You're gonna need that vacuum - Honk! :D