OK already the once again enjoyable Bristle Bilvedere

perdu

5 hours ago, perdu said:

I wonder if anyone remembers what is is?

Egg cup for a Quails egg?   What do I win?

ahhhh, the multi-media-mastery of a Perdu in action.  It fair calms the soul it does. All is right with the world again.

• Haha 6

Is that one of Martian's fingers?

With all this talk of floggletoggles and other advanced technology, I am surprised we have not come across Miss Shilling's Orifice yet.

I am continuously impressed at how a Belvedere is emerging from a box of miscellaneous Airfix plastic and other skilful additions. Great job!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DonH said:

I am surprised we have not come across Miss Shilling's Orifice yet.

Miss Shilling, her Orifice and assorted invitations might be too intense for a family site do you not think?

As to the Belvedere emerges, I wish I had used  that as a sub-heading a while back.  :(

Watch this space, life is short.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m glad our Martian friend mention Stanley Unwin; I have been a devotee for years.  My Observer on 820 (the brother of a certain @Dancona of this parish) could make even a 4-hour passive ASW sortie with no contact just about bearable with his seemingly effortless ability to speak fluent Unwin...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Those were the days, class whispers in Unwin when the master's back was turned

Closely whizzing board rubbers when we realised he had been doing 'this' for far longer than us.

And no neither Strickers nor H got it right by the way, I had hoped to turn this into a 1/48th too for certain assorted mates but a Big Boy got in first

P1010753.jpg

I use the 72th scale moulds to 'use up' the overmix when I do a bit of casting, I don't have much call for Jag tanks any more and somebody might like these pair of parts to use to scratch together this little accessory.

More overmixing this morning when I make the next lifeboat.

(orifice,  I ask you...) :(

• Like 5

9 hours ago, perdu said:

Strickers 7/10

Hendie  9/10 so he wins

You get the quail, but...

First you have to catch it

Damn! so close, and I really like quails,...I've seem Moby Dick six times

Edited by HAMP man
grammerly
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Aha!  No quails’ eggs: it’s the back end of a Palouste!

And the naval occifer wins the prize, indeed it is.

Having spare resin it is handy to have the odd mould lying around to catch the spare stuff, another body front end next purrups

Then decide what to do with the b####y things...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, andyf117 said:

That's why Bill's spending so much time in the garage - he's secretly building one of these:

spacer.png

Ah,

Humanity.

The only species that invents something that makes aircraft go REALLY fast, then wonders what would happen if you attach  two wheels, a saddle and something to steer it with.. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Trust me, no expensive jet propelled motorbikes coming out of my garage.

And at my very advanced age I have no intention of learning to drive one.

What has happened in the garage is an experiment with paint and rotatative bits.

1592754994218751757007519504998.jpg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, perdu said:

Trust me, no expensive jet propelled motorbikes coming out of my garage.

Well you're no fun any more...

4 hours ago, perdu said:

Probably very sensible - my first wife had a Honda CB250, and though I tried my hand at riding it myself a couple of times, I really wasn't keen. I just didn't feel safe, even at the 'invincible' age of 21...

....the subsequent girlfriend had a Kawasaki Z1000, and knew how to ride it - I'll never forget the face of the cop who pulled us over at 2.30am one cold, wet 'n windy night...

....giving it the "you boy racers with your big flash bikes" spiel, right up to the moment when she took off her full-face crash helmet and shook her long blonde hair free...

Edited by andyf117
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, perdu said:

As an EMT/Paramedic in a previous life, I helped pick up too many motorcycle riders to ever want to own or even ride one.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

As an EMT/Paramedic in a previous life, I helped pick up too many motorcycle riders to ever want to own or even ride one.

Indeed as a breakdown mechanic for thirty years I saw too many of them scattered all over the road, really scattered at times.

This has been the hardest part yet, not the action of worming the model but deciding which and discovering live photos of the machine in service to garner the actual camo pattern in use.

Belvederes seem to have been painted in a, A scheme or a B scheme pattern some have the grey where the others have the green

And of course Vicky Verso

The actual 'frame of choice is XH453, it is decided and so it is that the model is wormed and taped

See ya laters!

P1010754.jpg

The observant will note that I have been granted an opportunity to correct the slightly misaligned pitot head.

:(  lucky me  :(

• Like 11

Clever masking, Bill! :clap: Careful though ,because it looks like there's a small gap between the tape and the blue tack worm on the starboard stabilizer (if this is what it's called, I know nothing about 'copters :shrug:)

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks G but it is actually a folded piece of tape up in the bent bit

Tamiya type tape never seems to want to stick to itself either, always a bugbear when masking worms

I have to venture into uncharted waters now, the only RAF green I have safe to use on Gunze Grey is Xtracrylic.

Not entirely sure whether to thin with IPA, water or Tamiya thinners.

I'm going in, might be some time...

• Like 3

I seem to have survived the onslaught, sorry Crisp my egg.

15928290662397080250906928690377.jpg

Xtracrylic RAF Dark Green BS241 thinned with hand pumped Tesco de-icer spray, a little IPA and sprayed at about 18psi+

P1010755.jpg

Odd minor blemishes

P1010756.jpg

This didn't make me happy

P1010759.jpg

Kinda a bit like what I hoped to achieve but no ceegar!

So I sent off for some Napier Gazelle jet pipe extension units from the  Big H.

P1010760.jpg

OK OK already that was wishful thinking it's true but another wish this represents is a wish that @John Aero still sold his wonderful sets of tubes and struts.

These bent at the end Aeroclub tubes are the last remnants of my stash, it is a really good job I needed to do this with them.

Really needed to do this to it.

I will  drill out the tube entrances and slide the end cap pieces in with the right amount of twist on.

Ought to look like the real thing.

Ought to, here's hoping...                   

• Like 7