OK already the once again enjoyable Bristle Bilvedere

perdu

Final notes for you then Muddy, the droop stops on the Bilvedere operate by centrifuggerly pushing the long counterweighted arms that sit above the rotor head.

Trust me when I suggest these have been the biggest asspain so far, still this might do with the odd twist when the Gator's Grip sets harder.

For your everlasting amusement I present this awfully bright flash image of the gubbins which operates a cam below the dooberry and pulls the wire which rings the bell that stops the drift and paints the ball which means we're going to win

Er sorry

Got caught in a narrative drift there, obviously Sir T is still around causing me no end of amusement

And painful thread drift

P1010748.jpg

How about a little less light upon the subject?

P1010747.jpg

To be honest, unless any serious points arise from your perusement I may simply leave this finicky set of gubbinses as is and get on with my (and Colin's) S-61N paint job for relaxation

I jest, the paint lies upon the surface beautifully

Sadly the surface it lieth upon is not beautiful, much re-levelling to do...

Be a while guys

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, perdu said:

I need a rest, just finished making the blade root underside stencils front and rear

And sling here markers too

I must be stupid

😕

Sorry Bill I can't give you a like as your anything but stupid!

Stay safe            Roger

• Like 2

8 hours ago, perdu said:

Final notes for you then Muddy, the droop stops on the Bilvedere operate by centrifuggerly pushing the long counterweighted arms that sit above the rotor head

Oooh, all this technical talk...

7 hours ago, perdu said:

I declare my Gubbins work here is done.

Ah, that’s better :) 

Making notes for mine too Bill. Soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, perdu said:

Final notes for you then Muddy, the droop stops on the Bilvedere operate by centrifuggerly pushing the long counterweighted arms that sit above the rotor head.

Trust me when I suggest these have been the biggest asspain so far, still this might do with the odd twist when the Gator's Grip sets harder.

For your everlasting amusement I present this awfully bright flash image of the gubbins which operates a cam below the dooberry and pulls the wire which rings the bell that stops the drift and paints the ball which means we're going to win

Ah,

i thought it it was related to the thing that drills the hole that holds the ring that drives the rod that turns the knob that works the thing-ummy bob.

My mistake!😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Muddyf said:

Ah,

i thought it it was related to the thing that drills the hole that holds the ring that drives the rod that turns the knob that works the thing-ummy bob.

My mistake!😁

Yes but not a huge mistake, the thing that drills the hole is over on the other side

There by the autogubbinserator

;)

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

I thought it was the turboencabulator sparving

Yes! Whilst extremely interesting, the turboencabulator has been superceded by the Version 2 Interstitial Sintered Captivespangler. I consider myself something of an expert on this subject and am happy to explain further at a suitable time and place.

Oh, and the choppery thing is coming along nicely.

• Haha 5

Thanks for that, frankly I am amazed that they finally got the captivespangler sintered

I know there were several dangerous episodes in the tech lab when it was first mooted as a response to interstitial sparved spanglating

I would be delighted to pass a few hours chatting about this down at the pub, feel free to drop in after 4th July, Independence Day UK

• Haha 5

57 minutes ago, perdu said:

I would be delighted to pass a few hours chatting about this down at the pub, feel free to drop in after 4th July, Independence Day UK

That would be great. I think the most dangerous moment was when Professor Veelentorkrench dropped his latte into the Spassel Hydrologist. Who would have thought caffeine could do that?? It took three days to clear the mucus out of the Bellings Cleft. 

Sadly, our pub date will have to be remote. I have been practising social distancing for the past 50 years and see no reason to change now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, DonH said:

Sadly, our pub date will have to be remote. I have been practising social distancing for the past 50 years and see no reason to change now.

Ah that is OK I have been similarly distancing from Singapore since, for ever sadly much as I would love to go

Cheers anyway :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm thinking of starting a Turboencabulator Facebook Group. Discussions of the Interstitial Sintered Captivespangler and other technological wonders will also be allowed. A subgroup devoted to the uses of unobtanium and handwavium in the aerospace industry (and manufacturing difficulties with both) is also being considered. Will advise. Space Ranger, Out.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

I'm thinking of starting a Turboencabulator Facebook Group. Discussions of the Interstitial Sintered Captivespangler and other technological wonders will also be allowed. A subgroup devoted to the uses of unobtanium and handwavium in the aerospace industry (and manufacturing difficulties with both) is also being considered. Will advise. Space Ranger, Out.

So Stanley Unwin is alive and well and living in Texas!

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

On 6/18/2020 at 8:08 PM, perdu said:

Yes but not a huge mistake, the thing that drills the hole is over on the other side

There by the autogubbinserator

;)

Ah, so presumably the autogubbinserator is the thing that holds the oil that oils the ring that takes the shank that moves the crank that works the thing-ummy-bob? Never heard our Gracie mention an autogubbinserator, but then she clearly wasn't a technically-minded lass...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Ah, so presumably the autogubbinserator is the thing that holds the oil that oils the ring that takes the shank that moves the crank that works the thing-ummy-bob? Never heard our Gracie mention an autogubbinserator, but then she clearly wasn't a technically-minded lass...

Patriotic lady, our Gracie so she wouldn't actually talk about it would she?

KEEP MUM,  SAVES LIVES,  CARRY ON...

Just like this thread..

What a carry on, anyway.

I have been pondering (Quietly and without scratching) the jet pipes for quite a while.

Airfix gave us some interesting plastic encrustaceans, a bit like eight barnacles on the fuselage but not a lot like the real things front and back on the fuselage.

15784290637493538066401809306319.jpg

Now dont get me wrong these would probably do if they had to, but have very little in common with the Gazelle's outlets.

Like these.

exhausts1.jpg

'port front'

This is the kind of OCDness that wakes me up, 'having ideas how to'.

This was this morning's 'idea how to'.

Bring on the empty plasticene.

And a piece of polystyrene sprue/runner with a moulded in bend, a drill and a daft idea.

P1010749.jpg

Time to shift a load of unwanted plasticene remnants to test for 'the look'.

Whilst making them I had another little moulding to test.

P1010750.jpg

The real point of using spare resin mix was to use up excess from making the lifeboat moulding, more than enough to mould from is a basic result of moulding 'á la primitive' like my methods, because you need to mix enough resin to fit in the mixing syringe.

There is always spare resin left if you get the mix right so the plan is to make other stuff too, in this case the jetpipes.

And because there was still a little extra left I popped out another of these.

P1010751.jpg

I wonder if anyone remembers what is is?

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

I havn’t heard any mention of floggletoggles yet’ or is that old technology now?

Old Terran technology. The Orbit Jet's floggletoggles were replaced with push-button torsional gluon straighteners during her last refit, resulting in a 27.8% improvement in delta-wave portal drive efficiency.

4 hours ago, perdu said:

Patriotic lady, our Gracie so she wouldn't actually talk about it would she?

KEEP MUM,  SAVES LIVES,  CARRY ON...

Just like this thread..

What a carry on, anyway.

I have been pondering (Quietly and without scratching) the jet pipes for quite a while.

Airfix gave us some interesting plastic encrustaceans, a bit like eight barnacles on the fuselage but not a lot like the real things front and back on the fuselage.

15784290637493538066401809306319.jpg

Now dont get me wrong these would probably do if they had to, but have very little in common with the Gazelle's outlets.

Like these.

exhausts1.jpg

'port front'

This is the kind of OCDness that wakes me up, 'having ideas how to'.

This was this morning's 'idea how to'.

Bring on the empty plasticene.

And a piece of polystyrene sprue/runner with a moulded in bend, a drill and a daft idea.

P1010749.jpg

Time to shift a load of unwanted plasticene remnants to test for 'the look'.

Whilst making them I had another little moulding to test.

P1010750.jpg

The real point of using spare resin mix was to use up excess from making the lifeboat moulding, more than enough to mould from is a basic result of moulding 'á la primitive' like my methods, because you need to mix enough resin to fit in the mixing syringe.

There is always spare resin left if you get the mix right so the plan is to make other stuff too, in this case the jetpipes.

And because there was still a little extra left I popped out another of these.

P1010751.jpg

I wonder if anyone remembers what is is?

Ooo a quiz!

The top ones are the tablets you take to prevent the pain of the thing on the right removing the things on the left?

Strickers

• Like 1
  • Haha 3