Pz.38(t) Ausf, E/F (Tamiya, 1/35)

It is a very fresh kit from Tamiya. Fresh and tempting, so I decided to go for a quick, sort of birthday, build. My model will represent a vehicle from 7th Panzer Division in Russia 1941-1942. As per manual it hasn't a hull mounted machine gun, it's considered as a command vehicle. Tamiya as one of the very few kit manufactures possessed a know-how to produce accurate and detailed, yet not over engineered kits. If you add on top of that excellent fit, no wonder that every new issue is a fun to build.

In my case was the same. Construction was fast and eventless. Only modifications I've made are drilling out the muzzle of turret machine gun, filling the gaps under the fenders and adding walls to the smoke grenades storage at the rear of the vehicle.

Here is how it looks after assembly:

nWPEv1e.jpg?1

Smoke grenade storage in question:

oabpot6.jpg?1

Fixed:

5VeRngO.jpg?1

Weird effect of AK's filter...

SA0c8TW.jpg?1

Actual state:

Oi61sOX.jpg?1

VRenJrA.jpg?1

Running gear is separated for now waiting for lower hull finishing. As you may see filter's been spoiled (bought a week ago only) most likely giving weird deposit. Initially I was going to repaint everything, but now I'm keen to leave it as it looks like a water splashes dried over a dusty surface.

Comments are highly appreciated.

Damian

• Like 4

• 1 month later...