Another return to models

MPaul

So I made a return to modelling back in 2013 and 2014 and was really enjoying it. Some may remember some of my posts, working in 1/72 scale and brush painting. Unfortunately having looked all of my photos are gone due to Photobucket debacle. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A period of illness and a lot of subsequent suffering with my depression meant I didn't keep the modelling up. 

Recently a friend showed me some of his Gunpla models and that made me rethink the hobby. So I had a quick look in my cupboards and found I have these in the stash

spacer.png

So I hope to make a start once I get new paints and glues etc. 

• Like 5

Nice one mate good for you! 

I find the hobby a source of escapism, forget about everything when at the bench and just focus on what’s infront of you. All life’s worries melt away...

Also what stuff do you need I’m sure I could spare some. Bought a load of starter kits for the models in them I was after, so have the paints/glue/brushes you can have. PM me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Tony. 

I appreciate the offer and am going to take a trip to Hobby craft today. Most of my paints etc have dried up, so basically everything is required. If I still need anything I will let you know, as is do remember how expensive this can be. Most of the cost comes with the things to make the models, they themselves are quite cheap really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPaul said:

A period of illness and a lot of subsequent suffering with my depression meant I didn't keep the modelling up. 

I know what you mean. The Black Dog came calling on me last year for the first time ever, and it's not nice. After a few days, some time spent at the bench chased it away, so I heartily recommend modelling as a suitable treatment.

Good luck.

John.

• Thanks 2

Thank you guys. Have enjoyed looking back through pages of RFI and WIP threads over the last couple of days. 

I think I have managed to revive some of the acrylic paints too

• Like 1

I use modelling to destress too. I find that it can be as stressful until I have a word with myself and remind self to enjoy it! I have the tiffy and mustang to do as well. Enjoy the hobby again and welcome back to the fold

• Like 1

Hello MPaul... :welcome: back to the forum from the windy city of Chicago. You have some good work there. Im disabled and can empathize with your health/depression issues. I use modeling as my main escape from my daily life of doctors and boredom. If I can help wether in modeling or just to talk, please reach out and let me know. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

Replies like this are what I remember this forum being like. Helpful friendly and a great community.

Thanks again guys for the kind words and war welcome. 

Managed to get my stuff together and set up on a table in the spare room. 

spacer.png

• Like 2