Marivox Saab 105 1:72

reini

4 minutes ago, Col. said:

This one really is fighting you until the very end :( That frosty effect from the matt coat is authentic for a cold Swedish morning though ;) 

That's right, stay frosty!

36 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

...as are shaky pics 🙂 

You will know from the pics of the gallery how did it go...

37 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Did the matt coat match the paint? I mean, both acrylic? Matt coats can be a pain sometimes, you really need to shake well for some products to make sure the matting agent is properly mixed. 

Yeah, both acrylic. I'm starting to question my airbrush hygiene. Maybe it's time to take it apart and clean it properly.

• Like 1

Just now, reini said:

Maybe it's time to take it apart and clean it properly.

I did this recently and did see things, a man is not supposed to see on behalf of his sanity. 🙀

• Haha 3

It could also be that you put on too much varnish at once, or didn't thin enough... ah well that's for the next build 😉 

Good luck with that airbrush cleaning 🙂 

• Like 1

Give it another gloss coat Reini to restore that frosted finish, then apply your Matt (or Semi Gloss) over the top again. I’m not a huge fan of fully flat finishes, I don’t think they suit this small scale at all. Overall, she’s looking really good. Keep going! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Give it another gloss coat Reini to restore that frosted finish, then apply your Matt (or Semi Gloss) over the top again. I’m not a huge fan of fully flat finishes, I don’t think they suit this small scale at all. Overall, she’s looking really good. Keep going! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Me neither, I gave it flat coat in preparation for the wash,  it sticks to it little bit better -  as I wanted to create a little bit more dirty bird than usual. But the good thing with that is that rubbing of the wash polishes the surface just nicely so that after it has slight sheen to it. But also some 'flat spots' in the recesses, creating little variance to the sheen.

But I have to remember your instructions the next time. As it's too late already :D

spacer.png

But I think it came back OK after the wash. I think the colors look more the part now so I'm glad I stick to these colors despite having some hesitation.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We're getting quite close. Still quite some tidying up to do here and there - canopy frame, some of the antennas, touching up the landing gear, some oil weathering, some details and so on. But probably tomorrow! :) 

• Like 11

gee she is a nice looking model and aircraft Reini!

For should a mediocre model (being kind here), you've certainly kicked her into shape.

I think we need to start a partition up telling Pilot Replicas to hurry up and release there 1/48th version or else!!! :fight:

• Like 1

spacer.png

Added the antenna, some weathering, cleaned some of the painting, little touch ups here and there - and here in the photo I'm in the process of adding seals around the canopy.

spacer.png

Happy to say, it is done! :clap2:

Will be adding photos to the gallery shortly. In the mean time here is some comparison shots with other nordic planes.

spacer.png

Finnish Vampire.

spacer.png

My builds in this Nordic GB so far :) Again, Gnat makes the diminutive Sk60B look like much more bigger plane.

spacer.png

With the mighty Viggen! My 'swedes' so far. That is the old Hasegawa kit so it's representing a prototype Viggen.

spacer.png

Next to a norwegian Thunderjet.

spacer.png

And all from my nordic fleet together  :) 

Thank you for participating and sticking with me in this build - it was a handful! 

... so maybe it's time to start something new.

• Like 10

Looking great, and what a nice presentation! 🙂

I've commented already the magic you did on the 105, and how well it turned out. But also the Viggen looks great!

Sir, you see me impressed!

• Like 1

well done Reini, what a superb job on a rather difficult model. :thumbsup:

It do look to be a rather challenging build but you've nailed it, now everyone will want one of these....though probably not this model, which is a bit hard seeing it's the only one available.

Plus I seee no rest for the wicked....or you poor old host :weep:  as I see you're off on another build!

Again well done on a wonderfully built model, you can be proud of the work and finish on her! 

PS you'd better start a Danish build less you upset that lot! :D

• Haha 2

Well done creating a good model out of a crap kit :thumbsup:

It looks great in that lovely line-up as well.

29 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Plus I seee no rest for the wicked....or you poor old host :weep:  as I see you're off on another build!

We're certainly having to work our keep in this GB :blink2:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

PS you'd better start a Danish build less you upset that lot! :D

Thanks Rich! Yes, I agree - luckily I have a Super Sabre coming along that will fill the slot.

And sorry to say - I still have couple builds after the Viggen that I intend to build. We will see if I have the time :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, reini said:

And sorry to say - I still have couple builds after the Viggen that I intend to build. We will see if I have the time :D

WHAT!!!!!!! :yikes:

:wall:

• Haha 3