Gotha Go 229 1/72 Zoukei-Mura

Hi folks,

this is the first 1/72 scale kit from ZM in their Super Wing Series, Horten IX/Go 229 scaled down from their larger scale kits.

It was build for announced BOOK PROJECT.

The kit is highly detailed as known from their 1/32 and 1/48 kits, but little bit tricky to assemble. I ignored all those wild 'what-if' schemes and I tried to model the V3 as it might have looked after its completion. I thought the airframe was much larger, but in comparison with Fw 190D it does not looks that huge.

Cheers

Libor

49437834583_84d13f8023_c.jpg

49438527437_21a36b0f31_c.jpg

49437834553_98995901e3_c.jpg

49438303001_c2d6f01dbb_c.jpg

• Like 45
  • Thanks 1

WOW! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: My favorite german WWII aircraft! And excellent work from you Libor! My Great Modelling Hamster holds 1/72 Go.229 from Revell in its hole for a number of years and you inspired me to take the model away from him and finally assemble it. I bet it is much easier to assemble than ZM's kit. ;)

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Redboost said:

I bet the Revell kit has to be an easier build and despite its age is still pretty nice!

The best part of the Revell kit is spending years scratchbuilding the engines and pipework and cockpit and fixing up the landing gears and their doors and moving the guns to the correct location and then finding out that Zoukei-Mura are releasing a 1/72 version of the aircraft.

Maybe "best" is not the right word.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another stunning build Libor. You've really perfected spraying Gunze acrylics - those feathered edges in the camouflage look very good.. What do you mix it with and at what percentages? What air pressure do you use? Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Libor,

Very, very nice model! I just got the kit myself, and it sure puts the old PM and Revell kits to shame, although the Revell kit is pretty nice, except for the oval tailpipes, IIRC. Very nice rendition of the late war colors, too! I hope I can do half as good a model as you have made. 👍

Mike

• Thanks 1

Thanks for comments, much appreciated!

Hobo: I mix them with my home brewed thinner (50/50 alcohol/distilled water) with ratios 1:3 up to 1:5. No clue about the pressure though, as I work with Iwata with micro control valve, so the pressure is tuned at the nozzle.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 1