N.A.T-28 TROJAN/FENNEC

I have started making the less obvious aircraft that were used by the USAF in the Vietnam conflict. The Trojan is the third aircraft so far, the others art the T37 and the A26.  I like doing the SEA camouflage and have used the original Tamiya paints or acrylics as they are called.  
It is an aircraft flown by a SOS over Laos and only carried tail markings   

T28 Trojan. T28 Trojan. T28 Trojan.

• Like 16

Nice Trojan, the Heller kit is a lovely kit and builds up well, you've done a grand job there :thumbsup2:

Of course, as a Heller kit from their heyday it would be a perfect subject for the Classic Heller GB later this year - it's what I intend to make using the recent reissue of the kit which judging by the presence of the wing machine gun and rocket pads is what you've used to great effect here.  I'll be making mine as a Fennec though.

Of course, a French Fennec would be an ideal subject for the proposed French Fancy 2 GB too...   ...just sayin' right! :whistle:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wez said:

Nice Trojan, the Heller kit is a lovely kit and builds up well, you've done a grand job there :thumbsup2:

Of course, as a Heller kit from their heyday it would be a perfect subject for the Classic Heller GB later this year - it's what I intend to make using the recent reissue of the kit which judging by the presence of the wing machine gun and rocket pads is what you've used to great effect here.  I'll be making mine as a Fennec though.

Of course, a French Fennec would be an ideal subject for the proposed French Fancy 2 GB too...   ...just sayin' right! :whistle:

Or, Wez @Wez, it could be a nice South or Central American build :)..... I have one, with a bunch of aftermarket, in my pile. One day! ;)

Thats is a nice build @Bear Paw :)

Martin

• Thanks 1

Bear Paw,

Nicest build of the Heller kit I have seen in a long time. Not that you could have done anything to fix it, but I believe the Fennec version of the T-28 had a much taller canopy than the USAF or USN version. IIRC, there used to be an aftermarket vacform canopy to correct this, but I can't remember who made it or even if it still available. If you've ever heard one for real, it is a VERY noisy little spud and surprisingly big!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
added text
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Bear Paw,

Nicest build of the Heller kit I have seen in a long time. Not that you could have done anything to fix it, but I believe Fennec version of the T-28 had a much taller canopy than the USAF or USN version. IIRC, there used to be an aftermarket vacform canopy to correct this, but I can't remember who made it or even if it still available. If you've ever heard one for real, it is a VERY noisy little spud and surprisingly big!

Mike

Yes Mike, I did look into the various corrections for this little one but decided to go for an OB build. I get bogged down with corrections and the result is the build grinds to a halt.  The aircraft I am building from the Vietnam war are all oob builds in between more complicated longer build.  
Light relief as it were.  
Andrew. 

• Like 1

On 26/01/2020 at 23:36, RidgeRunner said:

Or, Wez @Wez, it could be a nice South or Central American build :)..... I have one, with a bunch of aftermarket, in my pile. One day! ;)

Thats is a nice build @Bear Paw :)

Martin

Agreed Martin but it would be very remiss of me not to promote my own group builds :D

There's also a very nice Moroccan scheme in the latest boxing.

On 27/01/2020 at 06:42, 72modeler said:

Bear Paw,

Nicest build of the Heller kit I have seen in a long time. Not that you could have done anything to fix it, but I believe the Fennec version of the T-28 had a much taller canopy than the USAF or USN version. IIRC, there used to be an aftermarket vacform canopy to correct this, but I can't remember who made it or even if it still available. If you've ever heard one for real, it is a VERY noisy little spud and surprisingly big!

Mike

As a general rule, the Fennec had the taller canopy as they were based upon the T-28A version of the Trojan, but as always, there were variations, some retained the taller canopy, some the shallower canopy - as always check pictures.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1