Renault AHN 1/35

Here is the finished 1/35 scale Renault AHN 1943 from the WIP-thread here. It's built from ICM's kit 35416 which is a WWII truck in German Wehrmacht colors. I have built it as a survivor that has been resurrected and put to good use by a French scrap metal dealer, monsieur Passenaud, when the war had ended, using my own decals drawn after a photo of the real truck.

The ICM kit is nice to build but suffers from wheels, front wheel arches and rear mudguards that are too small, which becomes apparent when comparing to photos of real trucks. I used resin wheels from Panzer Art, made to correct this problem, and scratch built new larger wheel arches and mudguards.

ahn100.jpg

ahn101.jpg

ahn102.jpg

ahn103.jpg

ahn104.jpg

ahn105.jpg

ahn106.jpg

ahn107.jpg

ahn108.jpg

ahn109.jpg

ahn110.jpg

ahn111.jpg

• Like 13

Lovely stuff, I always enjoy your vehicle builds (well and planes and the apollo... and the yellow submarine) because you always make such unique looking things that really could be real,  I'm looking forward to the next one :)

Andy.

• Like 1

Excellent build I like that a lot ☝️

It's nice to see unusual vehicles rather than things you see every day, never made any lorries, but must give one a go at some point

Love the nice and subtle weathering as well, slightly worn but cared for, just how it would have been in the day

Ian :) 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your kind words guys.

This is a bit off from my usual subjects, but it was a pleasant experience and a subject that deserved some attention. Also it is usually very good to expand the horizons a bit and build models that differs from ones usual habits.

• Like 1