Greetings from Amsterdam

Ernst

Hello fellow modelers,

I'm Ernst from Amsterdam. I started modelling in the eighties starting with spitfires, huricanes, messerschmidts and the lot in 72 scale. Our local library had some Francois Verlinden books (from Verlinden productions) which made a huge impact on my fledgling modelers brain. I started building tanks in 35 which is still my main interest although I see myself building cars and u boats sometime in the future as well. After a long hiatus I returned to modelling and boy what a change since the Verlinden days. So many new products and techniques. I was astounded by the sheer quality out there. That's when I discovered britmodeller and I frequented this forum regularly.

At the moment I have some 9 projects going on which is way too much so I really want to complete these kits. My setup is modest, an old rusty sil air compressor and 2 cheap airbrushes, mostly basic stuff. But I'm having a great time using them.

Cheers,

Ernst

• Like 3

Thank you John,

As a kid I used to play on a genuine sherman tank in a village nearby. I've seen a lot more armour  in Normandy, Bastogne and Saumur in the hollydays. The cool thing about AFV modelling to me is the option to tell a story through weathering / battle damage. Truth be told, oftentimes mistakes kind of forced me in that direction. Let's say I try to honor my errors as hidden intention.

• Like 1

Hello Dennis,

I used to have an entire collection of 1/72 planes hanging on my ceiling. Wildcat, f-16, starfighter, mustang, messerschmidt, hawker hunter (gorgeous plane). Mostly matchbox and airfix stuff. With the plethora of options nowadays it's tempting and easy to branch off to adjacent niches and scales. Lack of space might even force me to smaller scales.

Much respect to the aircraft modelers out there, I've always felt that the margin of error is much smaller. If I mess up gluing to a split gun barrel, I can buy an aftermarket one but aircraft modelers always have to glue to fuselage halves together.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Lightpainter said:

Welkom Ernst!

het is nooit te laat om terug vliegtuigmodellen te bouwen 😅

Die dag zal zeker komen, het bloed kruipt waar het niet gaan kan. Op dit moment heb ik echter iets van 10 afv projecten lopen. Nu heb ik afgelopen week nog 2 tankjes voor een prikkie gekocht, hollandse koopmansgeest🤑.

1 hour ago, Lightpainter said:

Ah maar wij hebben ook koopmansgeest hoor 😁

Vorige week 2 Tamiya  vliegtuigkits op 1/48 gekocht voor 40 euro, winkelprijs meer dan 100 euro 😁

Jij ook al Tamiya 😁 , dat is nooit een miskoop. Goeie deal, toffe schaal, ook voor AFV's.