Desert Ju 87B-2/trop

Greg Law

Just to give you an idea of what I'm trying to achieve with one. Here is an image with some of the decals on it. The are individual letters from several sources which made installing them interesting...... 

Still a lot to do, partially the weathering which I hope will make this model come alive.

Sorry if the image is blurry, 

Ju 87B-2 image7

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Greg Law said:

Just to give you an idea of what I'm trying to achieve with one. Here is an image with some of the decals on it. The are individual letters from several sources which made installing them interesting...... 

Still a lot to do, partially the weathering which I hope will make this model come alive.

Sorry if the image is blurry, 

Hi Greg, might be me but I can't see the image. Ray

I'm going to leave a lot of the small decals off this one. I figure they would have been painted over because the plane was painted the sand colour in Libya. I will put a few on for effect. 

With this GB drawing to a close it makes me think just how much the world has changed over the period of this GB. I think we should all reflect on that. Everytime I look at my Stuka it will remind me .

Some nice progress Greg.

5 hours ago, Greg Law said:

With this GB drawing to a close it makes me think just how much the world has changed over the period of this GB. I think we should all reflect on that. Everytime I look at my Stuka it will remind me .

So true. And the world and our life won't be the same.

Cheers, Peter

This is the real plane. seems it nosed over when taking off. Pity I didn't see this when I did the decals as I would have done them more closer to the real thing. 

Junkers-Ju-87B2-Stuka-2.StG3-(S1+GK)-landing-mishap-1941-01

This is the finished model. unfortunately I have had two issues with it.

First the foot brackets disappeared at the last moment. No idea where.

The main problem is the canopy as I expected didn't work out very well.

I tried fixing it this morning, but gave up as it was getting worse. 

The plane is heavily weathered as it is in the desert environment. 

Images are in the Gallery. I will add the aerial later.

Stuka S1-GK image 7

• Like 6

Hi Greg, looking at the gallery. Well done! I like the colour scheme and what you achieved. With everything else going on for you, this was a great one to finish within time. For me, also, the canopy was the disappointing part in the kit. Just too bulbous between the framing and too thick or is it too soft in the framing edges. Probably both. In the end, I ditched the purchased masks and when back to my old technique and masked myself going wider than the aftermarket expectation and was happier with the result. If I ever build this kit again I'm going to pre-plan the canopy solution. Anyway, yours looks great, excellent outcome and another nice variation in the gallery.

Ray  

Thanks guys. I have just noticed I left a piece of masking on the canopy. It is the most frustrating canopy I have ever worked with. Ray your are right. The canopy plastic is rather soft. I went to use a tooth pick on a section I painted and it literally dug into the plastic. That's when I gave up on it. Tomorrow I will add the missing foot steps, remove the bit of masking and the decals to the dive brakes. Also add the aerial. 

I just wanted to get it up today because the weather most likely won't be good for photos.

• Like 1