The Unexpected Journey - Spitfire Vb AB910, KP 1/72

CedB

54 minutes ago, Harley John said:

Brilliant work Ced. Very nice.

Thanks John, pleased you like it :) 

Giorgio I will be painting roundels in the future - just not all the time! :) 

• Like 1

I've used masks for painting both roundels and markings and I have to say the difference is remarkable. Especially if you are doing a weathered finish, as you can control the density to make them appear worn. Bright , bold markings on a weather beaten plane don't look right.

@The Spadgent definitely get a booth. I got a "portable" unit that the spray area folds out (although it never moves). And it's scary how much the filter "traps" that just used to fly around, infecting various lungs and nasal orifices. No more sneezing EDSG!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks Johnny - now get that booth ordered! :D 

33 minutes ago, Bigdave22014 said:

definitely get a booth. I got a "portable" unit that the spray area folds out (although it never moves). And it's scary how much the filter "traps" that just used to fly around, infecting various lungs and nasal orifices. No more sneezing EDSG!

Ordered and arrived. I was a bit worried as it was coming from China. 🗣🤧😷 (silly I know) but it arrived yesterday. 😳 so it must have come from Manchester as advertised. Unfortunately I’m in London still and it looks like they left it outside. 😬😬😬 in the rain and wind. 😳🙃😬😬😬 must get back. 🚂🔥🔥🔥🌪

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hello Ced , that looks wonderfull. Back here in Münster today after the storm on Sunday /Monday (had to take the train) . So I have to looks a while for what I have missed here the last 2 weeks. Nice rfi btw.

Cheers Benedikt