1/25 AMT '61 Chevrolet Impala SS

Hi guys, this is the final reveal for this very old re boxed kit. I think it was kitted originally by Lindberg, back in the mist of time, and re booted by Round 2 model company, with a few improvements I guess I should have bare metal foiled the chrome trims, but instead used Molotow chrome, brushed freehand. This was quick, but not the sharpest of lines, but I can live with it. Overall not too bad of a build, I detailed up the engine bay with some chrome parts from my spares box, just to give it a bit of life, not really a show car, I wanted it to look a bit used. I had a can of sign writers white enamel paint on my shelf so I used it to paint the white wall tyres; also scratch built the twin aerials on the back of the car using some nylon bristles from an old sweeping brush. The beach boys wrote a song about this car "My 409". Well I better go and polish that chrome, bye for now.

xiiIH88.png
MvDPLwY.jpg
By0Cy7B.jpg
Xsn3I3m.jpg
WaZPV8V.jpg
r0XB0W7.jpg
Z1BXvaw.jpg
0hdcte6.jpg
BBcp8jF.jpg
H43KFqi.jpg
rSfbhN9.jpg
rCvVmZ9.jpg
rSXJr2E.jpg

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Cooper645 said:

Nice, an excellent result there indeed. I use a molotow chrome pen instead of bmf also. 👌🏼

Thanks,i think the chrome pen paint matches the plated kit parts very well,bmf in comparison tends to look much duller in finish,and looks out of place at this scale.

• 1 month later...

....my four speed dual quad, positraction 409....

It's not often you manage to get a sentence like that in a song! 

Very nice modelling there. The colour suits the car and the era perfectly.

22 hours ago, TonyW said:

....my four speed dual quad, positraction 409....

It's not often you manage to get a sentence like that in a song! 

Very nice modelling there. The colour suits the car and the era perfectly.

LOL ! Yes i actually shot a video of the model on my turntable with that tune as background music,pity i can't release it on youtube due to copywrite issues,but it was fun to do all the same.

• 2 weeks later...