RCAF Siskin photo collection

72modeler

Oboy! If you love Siskins as much as I do, I think you will enjoy this photo collection- although all of the photos depict only RCAF aircraft, they offer some great views of details not often seen, Happy modeling!

Mike

http://silverhawkauthor.com/canadian-warplanes-1-the-biplane-era-armstrong-whitworth-siskin_915.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Aero said:

There are some very nice French Helldivers being towed across the US/Canadian border in thos archives.

John

There was an article in either Air Classics or Air Combat many years ago about U.S. aircraft being towed across the border; I seem to recall some Helldiver photos. Good eye, John!

Mike

• Like 1

Chris,

Yep! A couple of the photos I remember from the magazine article showed farm tractors being used to tow them across the border. IIRC, there were also 44 SBC's, that were being transported by the French carrier Bearn from Nova Scotia,, but while en route, France fell, and the aircraft she was carrying, which included some H-75A's and F2A-2's were diverted to Martinique, where they were offloaded and ended up rotting  away in a field. Wonder what their eventual  fate was?

Mike