Any aftermarket plans for a Hunter trainer conversion in 1/48?

NorthBayKid

Yes, I just found that.  I’m still perplexed by the (seemingly needless) complexity of the forum breakdown on this site.  I searched and searched, and only stumbled on the “Rumourmonger” part of it by accident.  

Interestingly, I don’t see any sign of the Hunter trainer conversions on the Aerocraft Models web site.

15 minutes ago, NorthBayKid said:

Yes, I just found that.  I’m still perplexed by the (seemingly needless) complexity of the forum breakdown on this site.  I searched and searched, and only stumbled on the “Rumourmonger” part of it by accident.  

Interestingly, I don’t see any sign of the Hunter trainer conversions on the Aerocraft Models web site.

The structure is there for a reason and out 25000 members seem  to be able to cope it is not needless.

As to the conversion I have one and its very good.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NorthBayKid said:

I searched and searched, and only stumbled on the “Rumourmonger” part of it by accident.  

a tip, use google to search the site, just add in Britmodeller to your search term, I use this to find previous threads all the time.   the site search is not great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, NorthBayKid said:

Hi 

Aerocraft is mine, not sure why you cannot find the Hunter on my site, but I have had a few others say the same so not sure what happens in the big wild web...... but a chap earlier today then did find them when I helped him as he ordered 2 a little while later. Try this link https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/category/1-48th

if you still have problem please send me a PM, if I see an order from Ontario then I will assume you have found it.

cheers Ali

• Like 3

- There was an existing trans kit some years ago it could be DYNAVECTOR but I'm not sure.The brand I'm speaking about was specialized in trans kits.

- I used it some year ago...

DRtAPu.jpg

QU6aJY.jpg

EzhjMZ.jpg

- May be some one could remember.......

On 1/25/2020 at 9:41 AM, IPMS19 said:

- There was an existing trans kit some years ago it could be DYNAVECTOR but I'm not sure.The brand I'm speaking about was specialized in trans kits.

- I used it some year ago...

- May be some one could remember.......

-After some strong return to the past I remind the T-7 transkit had been issued by Aeroclub, may be it is possible to find one on ebay or during  some model show swap

QYCMIz.jpg

5 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

-After some strong return to the past I remind the T-7 transkit had been issued by Aeroclub, may be it is possible to find one on ebay or during  some model show swap

Why bother tho when we have a brand new one from Ali

• Like 2

7 hours ago, John B (Sc) said:

That new conversion looks terrific, but it is in resin. My record with resin work is not good, sadly - so, is there any chance, do you suppose that there will be a plastic conversion kit sometime?

I very much doubt there is the demand for someone to tool up a plastic injection mold thats why we get this type of thing in resin.

Julien

Seeing as this topic is here, can I ask if the conversion kits are suitable for an example in the late 80's? I'm not sure what the cut-off is for early versions. I can see that the decals are pre 80's. Although, having asked this question after looking on Hannants and not finding any decals for later (80's) T.7s then I guess my question is somewhat moot anyway.

3 hours ago, Filler said:

Seeing as this topic is here, can I ask if the conversion kits are suitable for an example in the late 80's? I'm not sure what the cut-off is for early versions. I can see that the decals are pre 80's. Although, having asked this question after looking on Hannants and not finding any decals for later (80's) T.7s then I guess my question is somewhat moot anyway.

I will be releasing the set with later marking versions, that is why I called it “early” RAF and RN. However I think you may find some RAF T birds on a decal sheet done by Fantasy printshop, but I will have some later markings being sold with my conversion in the next 3-6 months.

at the moment I only have less that 10 decal sheets of the early RAF SCHEMES, more on order but they will only be in stock in about 2 months from now, although I have quite a lot of the RN decals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply. So the early refers to the markings and not any features of or bits and bobs sticking out of the aircraft. In that case I can just wait patiently. I don't suppose you're at liberty to say what later marking options you are planning are you?

Hi John 

yes the basic airframe is the same on most of the T.7/8, apparently there are some cockpit changes, I have been told that some later RAF ones even had one seat removed BUT even the guys that told me, could not say how the cockpit was configured never mind proving photo evidence, and I am sure that T8M with the sea harrier radar nose, yes that version is also coming, had a reconfigured instrument panel but until I get photo reference, I will just provide parts as of current options. 
Later RAF markings are still undecided but there will be some varied options, and I hope to cover as many squadrons as possible, maybe over two different box offerings.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ali62 said:

Hi John 

yes the basic airframe is the same on most of the T.7/8, apparently there are some cockpit changes, I have been told that some later RAF ones even had one seat removed BUT even the guys that told me, could not say how the cockpit was configured never mind proving photo evidence, and I am sure that T8M with the sea harrier radar nose, yes that version is also coming, had a reconfigured instrument panel but until I get photo reference, I will just provide parts as of current options. 
Later RAF markings are still undecided but there will be some varied options, and I hope to cover as many squadrons as possible, maybe over two different box offerings.

Are you able to say if you might be considering markings for an Empire Test Pilots' School version Ali ?

Edited by Richard E

5 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Hi John 

yes the basic airframe is the same on most of the T.7/8, apparently there are some cockpit changes, I have been told that some later RAF ones even had one seat removed BUT even the guys that told me, could not say how the cockpit was configured never mind proving photo evidence...

I never heard of them becoming single seaters.

The T.7Bs and T.8Bs were used for Buccaneer Pilot training had a partial Buccaneer instrument panel fitted on the port side.  These were used by the RAF and Royal Navy, some T.8Bs serving in both.

I have got photos of a T.8B cockpit but would need to dig them out.

T.8M was used for Sea Harrier Blue Fox radar training, sadly never got any pics of T.8M cockpit when I had the chance to, I fear the FAAM example s the only option on this now.

The T.12 was even more of a hybrid with some TSR.2 instrumentation and avioncs, in a way a more straightforward conversion for the AIrfix kit as it was based on the F.6 with Avon 200 series engine.

I never seen it as being with the IAM, but with the RAE for HUD and fly by wire research.

There are some really nice T.7 colour schemes, ranging from the prototype through many ETPS and RAE finishes, the IAM had a very striking red and white one (XL563) for a while.

8 minutes ago, 71chally said:

There are some really nice T.7 colour schemes, ranging from the prototype through many ETPS and RAE finishes, the IAM had a very striking red and white one (XL563) for a while.

For instance the ETPS' XL612 which was operated with a grey/green camouflage painted starboard wing for some time.

My look at the T.7 Conversion here;

Not sure how many other variations we will see, depends how comercail it is. I have seen aftermarket producers get burnt before as modellers ask for an XY, an XYZ etc conversion ans they then sell in limited mubers.

Julien

On 1/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, Ali62 said:

Hi John 

Will there be any 1 TWU markings?, i know at least one T7 had 79 Sqn markings on the later toned down roundels.