Heller 1/72 Thunderjet.*****Finished********

stevej60

Hi folks,found a good example on e-bay

For a fiver and secured it today so that will be my other build for this GB.Again the seller had in box photos and all looks good including the Norweigian markings.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

Great news Steve, look forward to seeing this one under way as well.

Gotta love those evilBay bargains!!!!

Cheers Rich be interesting to see what the two 99p ones eventually go for.

Great choice Steve. I know the recent rebox kit has decals for a Danish machine, so I'd be keen to see how yours comes along before I decide to buy yet another kit I don't need. 

Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

• Like 1

Evening folks,with the sabre at the primer stage it makes sense to bring this one up to the same level.I need to spray them outside as I'm using

Humbrol rattle can primer and its blowing a gale outside forecast for a few days yet.started the cockpit painting and assembled and tidied up the

wing and tanks after joining them up,looks to be a great fit on this dry-run

20200203_200631

• Like 10

Due credit to many of the kits from this era in that they went together really well. Pity this is all too often not the case with some of their modern replacements.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Grandboof said:

Looking good 

Martin H

Thanks Martin really enjoying these Heller build's,dried overnight and seams cleaned up,fuel tanks and u/c doors added she's ready for primer.

20200205_113456 - Edited

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, trickyrich said:

gosh she's going together quickly, she's looking great.

Testament to how well these old kit's still stand up well Rich.Three coats of silver from a rattle can for the basic finish,anti glare panel done and first of a few

coats of white on the tail as no decals supplied for the red/white/blue flashes.wheels/u/c just added and drying nicely.

20200207_104804

• Like 8

A typical Stevie J build going on here... blink and you’ll miss it! Now that is looking very lovely and you’re doing justice to these old kits and the new Owners of Heller’s products. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Thank guys no progress for a few days as the missus has treat me to a weekend down in Whitby and I wasn't.t allowed to bring me stuff!

Looks great Steve, but it's a shame that Mrs j60 has banned you from taking your stuff along. :winkgrin: The Whitby Ghost Walk can be fun to do though, enjoy your weekend.

• Like 1