Hello Everyone..!

TommyF

About 37 years have elapsed since my last plastic model construction! As a youth I remember making these aircraft - Heinkel 111, F86 Sabre, Red Arrows Hawk, Mosquito and several biplanes. I'm sure there were many more. Also a M26 tank and a Fiat rally car. I'm sure there wasn't much attention to detail and many mistakes but it was good fun. Fast forward to late 2019. My father passed away and I had some time off work and for some reason just wanted to revisit both the hobby and the research and interest generally in WWII aviation, especially a Japanese theme. I also have a 7 year old nephew who is becoming interested although it took some explaining that no, you can't fly the models and no, they aren't remote control and no, it takes a while to build them (!)

To get back into the swing of things I have a new Airfix Spitfire/BF109 dogfight double in progress. Then I love the idea of a group build so have purchased an Academy Ju87G-1 Stuka. Then an older 1982 Airfix FW190 and another old Airfix BoB Hurricane IIC will follow. I then plan to embark on making Japanese IJN and IJA aircraft which I have never made before. All 1/72. Hope to have some completed models and start enjoying this community 🙂

Many thanks Tom

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TommyF said:

it took some explaining that no, you can't fly the models and no, they aren't remote control and no, it takes a while to build them

Lovely word, NO, when there are kids around! I believe God himself used the word to his kids (Adam and Eve) - "No, you can't eat the apples from my forbidden tree." 😁

Gidday Tom, and welcome aboard. I'm a ship modeler myself, mainly WW2 era, but I can still appreciate other modeling genres. It looks like you have quite a program of builds planned. Regards, Jeff.

Hello Tom...:post1: From the Windy city of Chicago. Happy to hear of your rekindled love of models, warning group builds can be a bit addictive. I did my 1st one in 2018 and have been almost exclusively down there since. Ive hosted a couple of builds now, and have a few more coming this year. If I can answer questions please reach out and ask by D/m. 

Dennis

Welcome aboard Tom.

Great bunch of folks on here, you have come to the right place mate.

Warning though you may find yourself buying kits and end up with what is commonly known as a STASH, I vowed when I got back into this not to do this eeerhhhh now have a cupboard full of models unbuilt...   Also you then get perplexed where to put the ones you have just built... 

• Like 2