Conqueror MkI

Hi all,

I've been a member for a little while but this is my first attempt at posting any of my work.

This is the Amusing Hobby 1/35 Conqueror MkI. I actually built it last year but have just got around to photographing some of my models.

The build was pretty straight forward apart from the inner skirts which were warped in my kit. These were replaced with plastic card.

It was painted with MRP paints and weathered with MIG pigments.

1pzS8sp.jpg

wqvsbr3.jpg

4T4wH5T.jpg

xA619gJ.jpg

LprxjrB.jpg

0MY0mcE.jpg

Bbmh85Q.jpg

JvTEE6I.jpg

zG4eDPR.jpg

Edited by diablo rsv
Photo links not working.
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Hi diablo,

Now the images are seen perfectly, I also use Imgur, and for now I am doing great.
What a coincidence, at this moment, there are in the RTI section, 2 British beasts simultaneously ... lol
Very well finished and wethered.
Cheers mate :goodjob:

14 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi diablo,

Now the images are seen perfectly, I also use Imgur, and for now I am doing great.
What a coincidence, at this moment, there are in the RTI section, 2 British beasts simultaneously ... lol
Very well finished and wethered.
Cheers mate :goodjob:

Thanks Francis,

It took me a little while to work out how these forums work.

I do like British Armour. I'm working my way through building a representation of every type of tank they used. 

The Takom Chieftain is in the pending pile. You have made a lovely job of yours. How did you find the kit?

Wayne

29 minutes ago, diablo rsv said:

Thanks Francis,

It took me a little while to work out how these forums work.

I do like British Armour. I'm working my way through building a representation of every type of tank they used. 

The Takom Chieftain is in the pending pile. You have made a lovely job of yours. How did you find the kit?

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

if you mean the quality and difficulty with the kit, well, I have to say that to be my first Takom model, I liked it a lot, the quality shows, in the plastic (although very hard to get it out of the sprues), and the instructions are very good, although my favorites are those of Tamiya.
The only thing that I did not like too much, as I commented in the WIP section, is the union of the bogies to the hull, IMHO inconsistent, and the tracks, that you have to insert the rubber shoes in each link, which could perfectly have been saved ...
Cheers Wayne 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

I changed my photo hosting to Imgur, hopefully the photos are visible now.

I'm glad that you did, because that is a beautiful model. The weathering is excellent. And I see a 2nd Div. sign on there as well. What unit was this tank from?

John.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I'm glad that you did, because that is a beautiful model. The weathering is excellent. And I see a 2nd Div. sign on there as well. What unit was this tank from?

John.

Thank you John.

I based the model on some photos in the Tankograd book on the Conqueror. It was operated by the 3rd King's Own Hussars in Northern Germany around 1955-6.

The Bouncer 3A markings are not provided by Amusing Hobby. I made them up from the spares box but they are over scale.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A really nice looking build there Wayne, it might be the judge I need to find a 1/72 one of these.

Steve.

7 hours ago, robgizlu said:

A Super job on a big old beast

I really like your weathering - Spot on :coolio:

Rob

Thank you! Steve and Rob.

23 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Very nicely done indeed! 👌

23 hours ago, Kiwidave4 said:

Nice work! My AH Mk1 also had warped side skirts so I think that must be standard!

23 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Great job on the Conqueror, would love to do one myself.  

Excellant paintwork and weathering matched by super photos. 

Thanks for showing. 

Darryl 

On 25/01/2020 at 20:41, Hamden said:

Very nice result, looking forward to seeing more of your work

Roger

On 25/01/2020 at 16:17, DAG058 said:

That looks great, very well done. 

Thank you all very much!