1/48 Lynx Danish Style

Martian

9 hours ago, Martian said:

And I still manage to screw it up a lot of the time. I do admit that the time is fast approaching when we need a better camera.

Some years back for a significant anniversary, my dear wife presented me with a very expensive Canon EOS camera that takes the most amazing pictures (trying to phoograph flying fish while they;re out of the water was great fun last year!) but for model photography I almost always these days use the phone.  Why?  Because for the most part, unless you're trying to take something very small at long range, such as flying fish, it takes better photos!

• Like 2

I spent some time today spraying the base colours for the interior, which will now allow detail painting and hopefully some more eye candy updates.

Martian 👽

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been idle on this build but I have not been that well recently and have had to devote most of my energy to the vacform tutorial as I am doing that build to help other people rather than building for myself. It would go a lot faster if I could remember where I had put my Flory washes! I think this lockdown thing must be getting to me as I woke up this morning thinking that today was Monday. My brain must be going to mush. (Quiet the Usual Suspects!)

I am a way into painting the interior of the model. Adding the Eduard pre-painted Instrument panels is not very far off and I am not far from joining the fuselage up.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

121.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Martian said:

I woke up this morning thinking that today was Monday

Hope your feeling better now

Since retirement every days a Sunday!

Lynx is coming together nicely with your usual attention to detail

Stay safe            Roger

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hamden said:

Hope your feeling better now

Since retirement every days a Sunday!

Lynx is coming together nicely with your usual attention to detail

Stay safe            Roger

Trouble is Roger, its Thursday, not Monday and I have no idea where the two days in between went or what I did in them. Must be the increased medication!

Martian von Lost in Space and Time. 👽

29 minutes ago, Martian said:

Trouble is Roger, its Thursday, not Monday and I have no idea where the two days in between went or what I did in them.

Happens to me all the time. Still can’t find my two packs of sculpey and frankly at times I should have a label on me saying if found etc.. or possibly this way up :) 

The lynx is looking great btw. Inspiring me to buy (and build, just as soon as the GB starts) my first helicopter in years.

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marklo said:

Happens to me all the time. Still can’t find my two packs of sculpey and frankly at times I should have a level on me saying if found etc.. or possibly this way up.

The lynx is looking great btw. Inspiring me to buy (and build, just as soon as the GB starts) my first helicopter in years.

Go for it Mark, I'm not sure I can recommend this kit though if you are out of practice with helicopters. If my example is anything to go by, its not one of Airfix's finest hours.

Martian 👽

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too pucka, I hope that will sort itself out soon.

By the way, today is not Monday. That leaves you 6 other options, I don't want to spoil all the fun!

Best wishes and stay safe!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too pucka, I hope that will sort itself out soon.

By the way, today is not Monday. That leaves you 6 other options, I don't want to spoil all the fun!

Just try and confuse me why don't you!

• Muddled of Mars 👽
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Public safety announcement....

Latest on Martian contact..

Citizens of Earth, Martian contacted me across the sub ether today to announce that, for a wee while anyway, he won't be able to update his build threads due to a complete and gratuitous total existence failure of his one and only Dell PC. Apparently they have to order the parts from somewhere here on planet Wibble and transport them to Mars along with a goodly supply of toilet rolls and a copy or two of King & Country (as backup). Elon Musk has offered the use of his shiny flying grain silo, better known as 'Starship', so everything should be back up and running in an Earth week or two. He apologises for any inconvenience caused at this time, any complaints should to be forwarded to the local Martian Postal Service offices where they will be promptly vaporised...

End of transmission... 

• Like 1