1/48 Lynx Danish Style

Martian

I thought you would defend yours with your wife, ho hum...

Did I mention how much I like that winch?, I think not and I really should have

Outstanding whipping out of water-ing courtesy of the Martian

• Like 2

It occurs to me that with all these Melchetts peppered across history and the globe, we could use a family tree. 

Thanks but we all already have one, a 370 ft Californian Coast Redwood planted by my great, great, great (told you he was great) grandfather, Lord Dufus Melchett, third earl of Pratt's Bottom, 'The Scourge of Steeple Bumpstead', raconteur, romantic wanderer, serial philanderer and freestyle homicidal maniac (he took all roles equally seriously).  As for the tree, if you need it, you can have it, it would free up a little space in the potting shed. Not sure if you could fit it in Sarah Jane, mind...

I think the lack of progress here is down to the atmos and gravity of the situation on his home planet not really being particularly chopper friendly, although I hear now, that our friends at NASA are planning on sending him one in the future.....what are the odds?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

370 feet you say? Hmmm

Now, a dray wagon is twenty odd feet long, the chainsaw burns a pint of fuel an hour, take away the number you first thought of, double the....

I'll get back to you

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

As for the tree, if you need it, you can have it, it would free up a little space in the potting shed. Not sure if you could fit it in Sarah Jane, 

Sarah-Jane says no! She has all four tyres are firmly crossed, her exhaust pipe placed firmly out of bounds and her head lamps are watering already. :yikes:

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Sarah-Jane says no! She has all four tyres are firmly crossed, her exhaust pipe placed firmly out of bounds and her head lamps are watering already. 

Poor thing sounds severely traumatised, what have you been up to?....of course, whatever excesses you get up to with your car is between you and your trusty steed, but good lord man/Martian!

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Poor thing sounds severely traumatised, what have you been up to?....of course, whatever excesses you get up to with your car is between you and your trusty steed, but good lord man/Martian!

I think it has something to do with the thought of having your tree trunk shoved in her.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, general melchett said:

:o.......I'm sure she's had a lot worse.

Not while she has been in my care she hasn't you naughty General.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

Just to show willing and to prove that a helicopter is still getting built, I shall enlighten you all as to what has been going on regarding this build.

I was about to start lobbing paint about when the thought struck me that before I did, I ought to do something about those bits that I did not want painted. I said I had probably missed something obvious! This thought also reminded me that now would be a good time to fit the lower fuselage and cabin door windows. these were duly cleaned up, masked and glued into place.

Time now for another heads up and this time not one of Airfix's making. I had purchased a set of so called "expert" masks from a company called New Ware. The set advertised that it contained interior and exterior masks. Good idea thinks I as when it comes to masking I am as lazy as the next man. Imagine my disgust when, upon opening the pack, I was met by the words that they set might not contain masks for all parts of the model! Imagine still further, the expletives that flowed when I discovered that the masks that the set did not contain included those for the insides of the lower cabin windows, the insides of the overhead windows and the insides of the cabin doors!! ( @Mike we need an emoticon for an enraged and exceedingly dangerous alien). There are two issues here. Firstly, although I am capable of, and had to, cut masks of my own, I paid good money not to have to do so. Secondly and potentially more important, there may be modellers who do not have the skills and/or experience to do so who may be left out on a limb. I would have done better to have ordered two Eduard exterior masking sets and adapted one of them as I have done in the past.

Still here are a couple of pictures of an unnecessarily wasted afternoon on the Lynx.

Thanks for looking.

Miffed of Mars 👽

119.jpg

120.jpg

• Like 9

Hi Martian

Hope you are okay, disappointing re the masks although great work fella on the interior, you own masking etc oh and the winch , wow it looks amazing what the the plumbing etc.  Really great work fella

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

Must say, I'm surprised the New Ware masks didn't include these, I use their masks all the time and never had a problem.....I can understand your complete outrage and disgust, bring it up in the house, darn-right rudery if you ask me, which you didn't... Good job on rectifying the situation, looking good.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, perdu said:

In the deeply profound words of my hero B.A. Baracus

"THE FOOLS!"

Finely masked for all that

I called them a lot, lot worse than that!

15 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Martian

Hope you are okay, disappointing re the masks although great work fella on the interior, you own masking etc oh and the winch , wow it looks amazing what the the plumbing etc.  Really great work fella

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris.

14 hours ago, general melchett said:

Must say, I'm surprised the New Ware masks didn't include these, I use their masks all the time and never had a problem.....I can understand your complete outrage and disgust, bring it up in the house, darn-right rudery if you ask me, which you didn't... Good job on rectifying the situation, looking good.

I found it hard to believe and checked both the instructions and sheet before coming to the reluctant conclusion that it was not a full mask set. What was there worked perfectly.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

:dalek1:

A bit on the mild side but I guess it will do at a pinch.

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Can't be our General though; no battle Y fronts.

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

Even though you didn’t want to do the masking you have done some good masking. 👍🤩

Johnny boy 🦸‍♂️

Thanks Johnny, only I paid not to have to do it.

Martian👽

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

The only thing accurate there is my old Lambretta X-200  Special, helmet, side-arm, binos, cigarette holder, field marshal's baton, uniform, tash, neckerchief and plumped chest, bedecked with gongs...other then that, pure fantasy!

• Haha 2

On 5/16/2020 at 11:02 PM, Martian said:

Just to show willing and to prove that a helicopter is still getting built, I shall enlighten you all as to what has been going on regarding this build.

I was about to start lobbing paint about when the thought struck me that before I did, I ought to do something about those bits that I did not want painted. I said I had probably missed something obvious! This thought also reminded me that now would be a good time to fit the lower fuselage and cabin door windows. these were duly cleaned up, masked and glued into place.

Time now for another heads up and this time not one of Airfix's making. I had purchased a set of so called "expert" masks from a company called New Ware. The set advertised that it contained interior and exterior masks. Good idea thinks I as when it comes to masking I am as lazy as the next man. Imagine my disgust when, upon opening the pack, I was met by the words that they set might not contain masks for all parts of the model! Imagine still further, the expletives that flowed when I discovered that the masks that the set did not contain included those for the insides of the lower cabin windows, the insides of the overhead windows and the insides of the cabin doors!! ( @Mike we need an emoticon for an enraged and exceedingly dangerous alien). There are two issues here. Firstly, although I am capable of, and had to, cut masks of my own, I paid good money not to have to do so. Secondly and potentially more important, there may be modellers who do not have the skills and/or experience to do so who may be left out on a limb. I would have done better to have ordered two Eduard exterior masking sets and adapted one of them as I have done in the past.

Still here are a couple of pictures of an unnecessarily wasted afternoon on the Lynx.

Thanks for looking.

Miffed of Mars 👽

119.jpg

120.jpg

Why is it so many of you guys, work on to of your keyboard!!! Mines is nowhere near my modelling area!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heloman1 said:

Why is it so many of you guys, work on to of your keyboard!!! Mines is nowhere near my modelling area!!!

In my case it is simple. My camera skills are not very good and its the best place I can get decent focus (sometimes).

Martian 👽

• Like 1

On 26/05/2020 at 08:02, heloman1 said:

Camera with auto focus!!!! Ha!

Colin

And I still manage to screw it up a lot of the time. I do admit that the time is fast approaching when we need a better camera.

In other news, I primed the interior parts yesterday and hope to get some colour on them today. This is a bit up in the air though as I have had to spend a lot of time this week sorting out problems with my late Father's estate which has left me pretty much wiped out.

Martian 👽