1/48 Lynx Danish Style

Martian

45 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dears !

What Dear Martian ?? A winch now ?? Why for ??

Ahem, hoisting Carlsberg's kegs Is'nt it ??

Seeing the @general melchett at the little big horn ??? He still have too much hairs....

It has been a pleasure to meet and greet Mrs Martian, I hope that these quarantine ideas will be forgotten in November 2021...

Imagine ... I must get in UK in mid october, stayin locked for 14 days with my rocket fuel ?? Not a single bottle will survive such an ordeal...

And our poor Martian will just left with some 🐴 P... to hydrate himself...

Stay safe and build models !!

PS did'nt see that Carlsberg bottle yet.... 

I go to contemplate my rum bottle in the Shagbat !! Hu !

Sincerely.

CC

It just occurred to me that your rocket fuel could and should be trialed as an immunisation against the virus. It pretty much wipes out anything else. I am prepared to offer myself as a guinea pig. :drink:

Self Sacrificing of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

Are you sure that was General Custer? It sounds like our general melchett to me.

Easy mistake, being my father's second cousin the name often confuses, same goes for his nephews, General Confusion and Nuisance.

I had heard that General Melchett was an observer at the little Big Horn.Something about the Aborigines looking quite quaint? Or possibly cross,  

A bit before my time Loren, however my colonial uncle, old 'Trapper' Melchett was indeed present at said battle, albeit in the capacity of a hot-dog vendor, and witnessed the events of that terrible day. He was forced to give up his concession and return to the house of lords with immediate effect, leaving his semi-detached teepee and 14,000 uneaten frankfurters with floury baps at the scene of the battle. Oddly, he never mentioned the Aborigines, whose side were they batting for?

Seeing the general melchett at the little big horn ??? He still have too much hairs..

Yes!.......now,  what was the question?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Martian said:

It just occurred to me that your rocket fuel could and should be trialed as an immunisation against the virus. It pretty much wipes out anything else. I am prepared to offer myself as a guinea pig. :drink:

Self Sacrificing of Mars 👽

Sure it did !!

How do you think that I keep carry on with my job ??

Every evening, a rocket fuel and that's it !!

5 hours ago, general melchett said:

Easy mistake, being my father's second cousin the name often confuses, same goes for his nephews, General Confusion and Nuisance.

A bit before my time Loren, however my colonial uncle, old 'Trapper' Melchett was indeed present at said battle, albeit in the capacity of a hot-dog vendor, and witnessed the events of that terrible day. He was forced to give up his concession and return to the house of lords with immediate effect, leaving his semi-detached teepee and 14,000 uneaten frankfurters with floury baps at the scene of the battle. Oddly, he never mentioned the Aborigines, whose side were they batting for?

I got the answer Dear General !!

However was also a big fan of the big push... 

Melchett is a bit more clever, he saved his scalp...

Sad for the Frankfurter...

CC

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Sure it did !!

How do you think that I keep carry on with my job ??

Every evening, a rocket fuel and that's it !

See, he's bullet proof! Mind you, he has been force isolating in the naughty corner since Telford.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, general melchett said:

Hello Dears !

After some researches, there was really and old trapper Joseph "Ol'Joe" Melchett at the little big Horn...

He was named "Pale face with long raised hair under his nose" by Sitting Bull himself...

Should we connect it with the recent unhearted evidences that Sitting Bull conducted his cavalry like Hussard regiments of his majesty ???:whistle:

Another barrow of food for the tabloïd... And I do not speak about the Sopwith one... :doh:

Come on guys !!! It's up to you now !!!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 5

I got a clue !! I remember some old japanese prints...

There was a famous Mangaka named マルシャルファルク aka Marusharu Faruku ...

He was performing some anthropological studies in the wild west

And here's what I found in these old prints...

Request papa

Should we consider that the @general melchett as a kind of military advisor for the Cheyenne nation ???

Now !! We are far from the Carlsberg !!

And No Dear Martian I'm not on it... yet :evil_laugh:

Or may be was he teaching how to do a good Hot dog ???

Come on Gents !! Up to you again...

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Good lord, that looks uncannily like my great aunt Hiawaffler, better known by her tribal monika, Chief Running Sore, 'small of chest, big of bacon bap'. Bears all the hallmarks, spliffs adorning the headdress, strange way of handling her corn dog, vacant expression, well-trimmed tash...where on Earth did you come by this likeness? 

Just an afterthought, anyone seen a Lynx around here recently?

• Haha 4

The way this discussion is devolving, I do believe we all have been in isolation/lockdown for way too long. Speaking of which, I thought the Lynx was produced by Ford, Although it could have been pronounced Fiord, thats kinda Norwegian

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Did I read "Norwegian"?  🙂

The Norwegian Coast Guard did have Lynx helicopters, operated by the RNoAF 337 Squadron. These were withdrawn from service some 10 years ago, to be replaced by NH90 helicopters - which are not yet operational.....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

Good lord, that looks uncannily like my great aunt Hiawaffler, better known by her tribal monika, Chief Running Sore, 'small of chest, big of bacon bap'. Bears all the hallmarks, spliffs adorning the headdress, strange way of handling her corn dog, vacant expression, well-trimmed tash...where on Earth did you come by this likeness? 

Just an afterthought, anyone seen a Lynx around here recently?

Sorry, I mistook him for Side Show Melchet, Krusty the clown's sidekick before he became famous on the Simpsons. It occurs to me that with all these Melchetts peppered across history and the globe, we could use a family tree. Fortunately, Mrs Martian knows about genealogy and we could ask her to do one for the General. I am sure we would all find it uproariously funny, err I mean educative.

3 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

The way this discussion is devolving, I do believe we all have been in isolation/lockdown for way too long. Speaking of which, I thought the Lynx was produced by Ford, Although it could have been pronounced Fiord, thats kinda Norwegian

Loren, I thought you would have realised by now that this passes for "normal" on BM. Fiords are Norwegian in so far as they are in Norway but everyone knows they were actually made by Slartibartfast!

2 hours ago, Vingtor said:

The Norwegian Coast Guard did have Lynx helicopters, operated by the RNoAF 337 Squadron. These were withdrawn from service some 10 years ago, to be replaced by NH90 helicopters - which are not yet operational.....

I may be being incredibly dense but what has the Norwegian coastguard been using since 2010? Catches the whiff of politician's meddling/incompetence here.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Vingtor said:

I'd seen that there had been some significant issues with the NH90, not just for Norway.

I understand Norway also now operate the Merlin, on what I thought were SAR (Coastguard?) duties.

The Lynx is looking great Martian.

Terry

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

I'd seen that there had been some significant issues with the NH90, not just for Norway.

I understand Norway also now operate the Merlin, on what I thought were SAR (Coastguard?) duties.

The Lynx is looking great Martian.

Terry

Thanks Terry and thanks for the information on the Norwegian NH90 helicopters.

I am having a couple of days away from the bench at the moment as I have got a very large pile of Handley Page Victor K2 data together that I want to process and file for an upcoming project. I should be back on this over the weekend.

Martian 👽

• Like 4

The Norwegian Coast Guard has been without helicopters since the Lynxs were retired. Significantly restricting the operational capabilities.

The AW101s (not named Merlin in Norway) are for civilian SAR operations only, not Coast Guard. They are owned by the Department of Justice, but operated by the Air Force.

Nils

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Vingtor said:

The AW101s (not named Merlin in Norway) are for civilian SAR operations only, not Coast Guard. They are owned by the Department of Justice, but operated by the Air Force

.. and they look very impressive 'in the flesh', parked on the ramp at Sola (except for the one that was carelessly left lying on its side!). I think there is still a civilian SAR aircraft provided by Bristow further north at Hammerfest.

The hoist and cockpit are looking fantastic, Martian. If you realise you've missed something once you start painting, just crack on - absolutely nobody is likely to know!

Jon

• Like 3

Thanks Nils. That explains my confusion. The UK's Coast Guard is a non military enterprise, that carries out most SAR civilian duties here. As an aside I saw a Norwegian AW101 at Farnborough a couple of years ago. It looked superb. I took quite a few pictures which I should get into the walk around section here, but here is one for now:

D03_8902

And to avoid too much thread drift, just to remind us what a Lynx looks like! This one as you can see, had an identity crisis......

D03_8893

Terry

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Quite unusual on this thread, I agree 🤫

Stranger things have happened, some modelling even gets done occasionally!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, perdu said:

Really?

:)

Absolutely my Dear Colleague !!

7 hours ago, Jonners said:

If you realise you've missed something once you start painting, just crack on - absolutely nobody is likely to know!

Jon

Any something but the Carlsberg bottle indeed !!

Ah dear tentacled one !!

A Melchett genealogic tree will be REALLY interesting !!

Let's strat a thread dedicated to the Melchetteries....

It can start at the Knight who say NI !! Or even before...

Oh ! Stupid me !! Melchettius was on the Hadrian so called wall !!

Is there any fossil of the Melchetosaurus ???

Now, when I see what you, @perdu, @hendie, Crispin and numerous other BM'ers did to their respectives Choppers...

I let mines in the stash... :bandit:

Really great use of the white plastic !!

Congratulations !

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good Lord! I know Have been following this too long when I started to say something about the Knights who say Ni and CC beat me to it. But in all seriousness we're so strange that when the word Strange  wanted to use us as a definition ,It took one look at us and said  "Nope.  I'm not going there"

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, perdu said:

Really?

:)

Yes really! Now look what you have done evil child, you've set CC off!

20 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Good Lord! I know Have been following this too long when I started to say something about the Knights who say Ni and CC beat me to it. But in all seriousness we're so strange that when the word Strange  wanted to use us as a definition ,It took one look at us and said  "Nope.  I'm not going there"

I think we are all pretty much bang to rights there!

2 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Hi Martin, just catching up with you build, excellent work on the hoist/winch. Hope things are looking up for you?

Colin

Thanks Colin, I still have a few slight after effects from the virus but all in all things are OK. I plan to get the fuselage transparencies in in and masked off today.

21 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Absolutely my Dear Colleague !!

Any something but the Carlsberg bottle indeed !!

Ah dear tentacled one !!

A Melchett genealogic tree will be REALLY interesting !!

Let's strat a thread dedicated to the Melchetteries....

It can start at the Knight who say NI !! Or even before...

Oh ! Stupid me !! Melchettius was on the Hadrian so called wall !!

Is there any fossil of the Melchetosaurus ???

Now, when I see what you, @perdu, @hendie, Crispin and numerous other BM'ers did to their respectives Choppers...

I let mines in the stash... :bandit:

Really great use of the white plastic !!

Congratulations !

CC

Thanks CC. Remember though, a Martian's chopper is his own private kingdom and I shall defend mine with your life!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2