1/48 Lynx Danish Style

Martian

Baa! (I'm standing in for @general melchett who is on unsanitary leave).

And a sterling job you've made of it, young Pete. Your period of stand-in duty is nearly at an end as my unsane leave is almost over. Amazingly, as I emerge from my state of monastic self-isolation I find that the rest of humanity is now on lockdown! Mind you, I'm now religiously following the government guidelines on social-distancing with regard to the Memsahib, so far, so good, every cloud, eh?

Lovely job on the innards Martian, you really seem to be getting the hang of it.

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Massimo said:

Those interiors look fabulous!!!

Well done Martian!!!

Thanks Massimo.

8 hours ago, general melchett said:

And a sterling job you've made of it, young Pete. Your period of stand-in duty is nearly at an end as my unsane leave is almost over. Amazingly, as I emerge from my state of monastic self-isolation I find that the rest of humanity is now on lockdown! Mind you, I'm now religiously following the government guidelines on social-distancing with regard to the Memsahib, so far, so good, every cloud, eh?

Lovely job on the innards Martian, you really seem to be getting the hang of it.

Thanks your Generalship. Have you considered the likely, nay, probable consequences, should Lady Melchett read that last post? I'm not really into blood sports.

Martian, Chairailen of the Society For The Preservation Of Members Of The Imperial General Staff. 👽

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You'll need huge jars and lots of vinegar.

We tried that but our beloved General drank the vinegar, passed water in the hall and then passed out in his high chair. Apparently, he likes the stuff, something to do with the fact that he recently discovered that what he thought was the white wine he had been drinking, was in fact Baldrick's water. I have lost count of the times we have told him to keep Baldrick away from the catering arrangements.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Thanks your Generalship. Have you considered they likely, nay, probable consequences, should Lady Melchett read that last post? I'm not really into blood sports.

I have, and taken suitable steps to ensure that she doesn't have access to anything more technically complex than a battery operated torch or electric bushy moustache press (mine not hers). I think I have most bases covered.

You'll need huge jars and lots of vinegar.

Not the first time I'll have been pickled...

Apparently, he likes the stuff, something to do with the fact that he recently discovered that what he thought was the white wine he had been drinking, was in fact Baldrick's water. 

White wine, oh thank goodness...I was more concerned about the single malt... 

Edited by general melchett
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Did you ever meet Mac Adder?

Sadly, yes, at the Outer Hebrides Highland Games and annual sporran eating contest where he was busy tossing cabers and worrying young kippers, flashing his Claymore to all and sundry...still have flashbacks.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

Sadly, yes, at the Outer Hebrides Highland Games and annual sporran eating contest where he was busy tossing cabers and worrying young kippers, flashing his Claymore to all and sundry...still have flashbacks.

I trust they were not of the Purple Shredded variety of which you have often spoken. I am given to understand that, along with the Lesser Spotted Hamish, they have become in danger of extinction and consequently have been declared a protected species under Scottish law.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Martian said:

in danger of extinction and consequently have been declared a protected species under Scottish law.

Unless deep fried or after the pubs chuck out, in which case anything vaguely edible is fair game.

• Haha 3

I trust they were not of the Purple Shredded variety of which you have often spoken. I am given to understand that, along with the Lesser Spotted Hamish, they have become in danger of extinction 

No, they're quite safe, totally inedible to man nor beast with the exception of Baldrick, naturally, he considers them a tasty hors d'oeuvre (don't be disgusting Darling) prior to a plate of filleted kilt and boiled bagpipe. The Hamish is another matter, the hair being highly sort after by master moustache manufacturers around the globe and consequently heavily poached...and you really wouldn't want a heavily poached sporran.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Unless deep fried or after the pubs chuck out, in which case anything vaguely edible is fair game.

Which may go some way to explain why they are in danger of extinction? 

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

No, they're quite safe, totally inedible to man nor beast with the exception of Baldrick, naturally, he considers them a tasty hors d'oeuvre (don't be disgusting Darling) prior to a plate of filleted kilt and boiled bagpipe. The Hamish is another matter, the hair being highly sort after by master moustache manufacturers around the globe and consequently heavily poached...and you really wouldn't want a heavily poached sporran.

Perhaps you should shave you moustache off as a gesture of solidarity with the endangered Hamish/ :tomato:

Provocative of Mars 👽

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Martian said:

Perhaps you should shave you moustache off

I say old boy. There are some things a chap shouldn't say to another chap. You could suggest it to Lady Melchett. So long as you have a fast car waiting.....

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I say old boy. There are some things a chap shouldn't say to another chap. You could suggest it to Lady Melchett. So long as you have a fast car waiting.....

…….Well, I do have the fast car, especially since Sarah-Jane had her entire ignition and fuel systems renewed. Still, just to be doubly sure, it might be safer if we got the General to do the deed.

Staying safe/screaming coward* of Mars👽

*Delete as appropriate.

PS: In more styrene related news, I was doing a double check to see if I had missed anything prior to starting painting the internals and guess what? I came across a whole raft of things I had left to attend to. Pictures and narrative to follow soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

At this stage I've forgotten what you were building.

The clue is in the title? Sheesh! you have the attention span of a certain General of this parish.

Exasperated of Mars 👽

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Errr, so you are building a kebab??

Terry

Aka Donner

There had to be one didn't there! Why do I find myself less than surprised that it was you Terry? 

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, general melchett said:

I thought he was building a Scandinavian odour d’toilet myself....

The brass etch for the crew bidet was a giveaway on that one I suspect!

Terry

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Thanks for clearing that up Terry, I thought he was building a Scandinavian odour d’toilet myself....

Oh, I see, I thought it was an avionics cabinet @Jens was getting me to build. Back to the bench!

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

The brass etch for the crew bidet was a giveaway on that one I suspect!

Terry

That will have to fit in the "cupboard". Hang on a minute! didn't we put @Ex-FAAWAFU in there? This build suddenly got very complicated and there's me a few short hours ago thinking that I finally knew what I was doing!*

Muddled of Mars 👽

*Did anyone spot the slight termalogical inexactitude there? Fact, is that I have not known what I am doing since I opened the box.

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, general melchett said:

My dear Muddled Martian, some would say, way, way before that......I hasten to add that I wouldn't be one of them, but of course, you already knew that.

Its a fair cop! The truth is that I have never known what I am doing. Mrs Martian would probably claim that muddled is my default setting.

Bewildered of Mars 👽

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Martian said:

Mrs Martian would probably claim that muddled is my default setting.

More likely "at fault". It usually is when it comes to Memsahibs...

Ian

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

More likely "at fault". It usually is when it comes to Memsahibs...

Ian

That's their default setting.

Anonymous of Mars 👽

• Haha 1