1/48 Lynx Danish Style

Martian

10 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Have you had a dose of Vogon measles

No only the regular ones; the only childhood illness I remember getting.

sounds terrible, although I love  things literary I’m not a big poetry fan.

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Spadgent said:

So cruel to me. 🤣👃

Sorry, I meant to say Johnny; not Macbeth. (Bugger, goofed again).

Martian the (not) very remooseful. 👽

• Haha 4

While waiting on the etch, I decided to start work on the transparencies.  Very carefully, I added some interior framework as I may well have the cockpit doors open as well as the cabin ones. The kit part for the overhead console is too small for the Eduard parts so I added some plastic card to beef it up a bit. I then constructed the lever assembly. I then noticed that the main console part supplied by Eduard is just as two dimensional as the Airfix decal, Do I try scratching the knobs and levers or go with the Eduard part? Lets be honest, we all know I will have a bash!

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

095-1.jpg

095-2.jpg

095-3.jpg

• Like 12

7 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

OOOOOooooo Lookin' good Martian! My bad habits are wearing off on you. You're now taken to photographing progress on your keyboard as well.😎

Thanks Loren.  I normally do the pictures on my keyboard because, for reasons beknown only to my camera, the macro seems to work best there. I am seriously considering getting a better one when this lockdown is over.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

I’ve just spent about 5 minutes trying to work out which intricate hydraulic couplings under the gear box are being planned on Mars... but then I realised it’s just the upper side of the fixings for the loops in the cabin.

Boo.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I’ve just spent about 5 minutes trying to work out which intricate hydraulic couplings under the gear box are being planned on Mars... but then I realised it’s just the upper side of the fixings for the loops in the cabin.

Boo.

Do try and pay attention that Earthling!

51 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looking very nice indeed Martian, the interior looks fantastic. 

Keep up the the work.

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris. I'm still trying to find bits to do to keep you all entertained pending the arrival of the etch. Apparently it is in transit with the US Postal Service. Doubtless some of our Colonial members can advise whether this is a good or bad thing.

Apprehensive of Mars 👽

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Do I try scratching the knobs and levers 

What you do in the privacy of your man cave is entirely up to you. Are you going to scratch them with plastic or brass? I would suggest that if you use brass be very careful of any swarf!

Ian

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Chris. I'm still trying to find bits to do to keep you all entertained pending the arrival of the etch. Apparently it is in transit with the US Postal Service. Doubtless some of our Colonial members can advise whether this is a good or bad thing.

Apprehensive of Mars 👽

I had something posted from the former colonies as Priority Mail International (6-10 business days).

It took 6 weeks to get to the UK. Sat in one sorting office for 3 weeks alone!

The Royal Fail sent the customs demand to the wrong address.....

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, limeypilot said:

What you do in the privacy of your man cave is entirely up to you. Are you going to scratch them with plastic or brass? I would suggest that if you use brass be very careful of any swarf!

Ian

Helpful advice as always Ian!

2 hours ago, Bigdave22014 said:

I had something posted from the former colonies as Priority Mail International (6-10 business days).

It took 6 weeks to get to the UK. Sat in one sorting office for 3 weeks alone!

The Royal Fail sent the customs demand to the wrong address.....

Whacko, I won't be holding my breath then, at least there won't be a customs demand. For once I do have to praise Royal Fail. Round here they do seem to be trying very hard to keep things going. 

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Real great work my Dear tentacled one !!

As a danish 'Copter, are you going to add this under the gunner seat ???

Just asking... for a friend ... :whistle:

I use to drink something more.... Huuum ?? Tasty ??

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 3

Try not to put any more daft ideas in my head, Mrs Martian says there are too many there as it is. Quiet in the cheap seats! I wonder where I could get some 1/48 bottles from. :hmmm:

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Apprehensive of Mars 👽

Hopefully shouldn't be to long But then" Our Fearless Leader" is leaning to let the Postal service  go belly up.Going from there to here is usually 7-8 days

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Try not to put any more daft ideas in my head, Mrs Martian says there are too many there as it is. Quiet in the cheap seats! I wonder where I could get some 1/48 bottles from. :hmmm:

Martian 👽

Actually.... 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COCA-COLA-CASES-1-48-O-Scale-TWO-LITER-BOTTLES-NEW-Danbury-Mint-Original-/150605086912

just needs a little bit of a paint redo

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Hopefully shouldn't be to long But then" Our Fearless Leader" is leaning to let the Postal service  go belly up.

Only the postal service?

5 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

What was I saying about daft ides/

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Only the postal service?

What was I saying about daft ides/

Martian 👽

Shrugs" ehhhh

There are no daft ideas.... just daft politicians

• Like 2

I decided to take look at the cabin doors. There is some work needed here if using the Eduard detail parts. There are a couple of tabs on the top of the doors and these need to be removed, first marking their location on the doors. One then replaces them with larger items from plastic stock, so that they will connect with the new runners. The bottom rear corner of each door is cut away, in line with the kit instructions.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

096.jpg

097iykf.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Shrugs" ehhhh

There are no daft ideas.... just daft politicians

Indeed; one should always remember that you cannot polish a turd.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

In dramatic news and fast running out of other jobs to do on the build, the long awaited etch came wheezing over the hills from the States just now, in a manner entirely unlike the US Cavalry in the old western films. Anyhoo, I can now crack on which is what I want to do rather than have to start another build.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

On 4/26/2020 at 11:36 PM, Martian said:

Indeed; one should always remember that you cannot polish a turd.

Strangely enough there is an episode of myth busters where the do exactly that. Apparently there is some weird Japanese traditional art thing where they make spheres out of ordure and then polish them to a fine sheen, I kid you not.

On a separate note I’m seeing some signs that international post still exists, I got two of my many eBay purchases last week.

Oh and the Lynx is coming together very nicely.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Strangely enough there is an episode of myth busters where the do exactly that. Apparently there is some weird Japanese traditional art thing where they make spheres out of ordure and then polish them to a fine sheen, I kid you not.

On a separate note I’m seeing some signs that international post still exists, I got two of my many eBay purchases last week.

Oh and the Lynx is coming together very nicely.

Cheers Marklo, I'm glad I won't be losing any momentum with the build. Once lost it is often so hard to get it back, as so many shelves of doom can testify.

Martian 👽

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Martian said:

In dramatic news and fast running out of other jobs to do on the build, the long awaited etch came wheezing over the hills from the States just now, in a manner entirely unlike the US Cavalry in the old western films. Anyhoo, I can now crack on which is what I want to do rather than have to start another build.

Martian 👽

Sounds almost like a line from the A Bridge Too Far. Parts arrive just in the nick of time

• Like 2