Mystery Airliner (probably canopy)

Mike

Hello folks of the civil persuasion :)  I've just finished refitting my workshop, and I found a small clear sprue lying on the floor tonight, which bears the number 4214 (E) and carries two parts.  The canopy is part 90, and there's a clear stand/prong marked 91.  I've got a few civil kits in the stash, and more than a couple have passed through as review samples, most of them being Revell but I'm clueless as to what it's from.  Any ideas?

spacer.png

Just now, tomprobert said:

I’d take a guess that’s in a Revell 1/144 Airbus A330/A340...

Oooh.... if that's the case, I don't have one of those, so I now need to give a canopy to one of the reviewers.... probably John :hmmm:

AFAIK I have a Beluga, an A380 and a Super Guppy from the civil persuasion and I didn't think it was any of those. :rolleyes:

Could well be from the Beluga in that case - as it’s based on the A300 the cockpit window arrangement is more or less the same as the A330/340 family. 

It’s definitely not from an A380 - or Super Guppy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KRK4m said:

You're absolutely right, even down to the part number and the little stand. :clap2: Now I just have to find out where the hell that kit is today, and right now I have no clue! :lol:

1 minute ago, Richard E said:

The catalogue number of Revell's Lufthansa Airbus A340-300 is 04214

I did do a search on that initially, and it didn't come up with that :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hold on to that clear support stand. I use things like that a lot, and not just on airliners. I find clear sprue support stands a nice way to make my models not sit on their tails. And because they're clear you really don't see 'em unless you're looking for them. I've had issues with weights coming loose inside a model after I've secured them and it's kinda frustrating to have them rattling around inside while I'm sanding. So, I steer clear of weights.

• Like 2