Hello from Los Angeles

Billy54

Hello everybody,

Long time lurker, first time poster and a confirmed Phantom Phreak.

I am, at best a middle of the road builder, whose interests are mainly 1/72 scale cold war (and some modern) era aircraft. Over the years I have found the cold war forum to be an incredible source of information and would like to take this opportunity to thank all those posters who have contributed to making it the forum it is.

Like most of you I have a stash of models and mine numbers close to 1000 and while I am doing my best to lessen the inventory (with glue and paint) it seems to grow each time I visit a model show or model shop, and please don't get me started on decals, books and magazines.

I have lived in the Los Angeles area since 1975 but was born and raised in South London where my modelling began. My Grandmother knew a lady who worked at Airfix (this was the late 50's/early 60's) and she kept my brothers and I supplied with their kits, I have an early memory of building a tractor.

My son and I are planning a first time trip to Telford, and to Scotland again this year, my wife/his Mum says she will stay home. I may post on the travel forum for feedback and information concerning that trip.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Billy from the Land Of Enchantment New Mexico. I agree with most of your narrative. Always seem to increase the stash when visiting hobby shops.

Happy modelling,

Ron VanDerwarker

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Still working on uploading a picture, completing my profile and learning about the site. I'm slow but I usually get there. :)

• Like 2