Canadair CL-415 Water Bomber Aerial Fire fighting Aircraft Italeri - No. 1362 - 1:72 Protezione Civile I-DPCR

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on here so please be nice to me:)

Here we have my favorite aircraft, the amazing CL 415 firefighting plane. I started to really love this plane when I was in Italy in 2017 and I spent many hours swimming in the sea watching them come in and scoop up the water to put out the fires up in the mountains, it was amazing to watch so I decided to build it.

So this is the Italeri 1/72 model and I have used the Italian markings of the Protezione Civille with reg I-DPCR, I believe it is now marked with Vigili del Fuoco (Firefighters) markings.

I am quite happy with how it turned out, I had an issue with some glue burn on the cockpit windows and the yellow color was hard to replicate so I ended up using the Humbrol gloss yellow spray in the end.

Overall a well made kit and all the bits went together Ok apart from the landing gear which was really weak and snapped on me so I ended up buying the Metal landing gear from SAC and that managed to sort out the issue.

One issue that I did encounter was the weight in the nose, even though I thought I'd put enough in it still kept tilting back after I had finished it so I had to drill a small hole and inset some more weight into it to make it sit without tilting.

I finished off the decals with Micro set and Sol and then finally some good old Klear to coat it and finish it.

Had great fun building this, even though I had a few hiccups and the yellow was really hard to spray and get right but I'm happy with how it looked when I finished it, hope you all like it.

Edited by skunk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1